Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodwill Letter To Synchrony - Your Experiences

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Goodwill Letter To Synchrony - Your Experiences

I emailed Synchrony last night asking for a goodwill deletion and explained my situation. The account is a charge off from years past. I also made note that way back when I had spoken to a CSR and said I can bring the account current on such and such date. The CSR assured me that was fine, no problem, I'll make a note of that in your account, don't worry about it. However, they closed the account before the agreed upon date. I still made the payment to bring it current when I got the money but did not pay after that. I always meant to dispute it but between work, being a new father and a sick wife, it just kept getting pushed to the back burner.

I received a call today saying they got my email, and they were going to "investigate" and I should have a written response in the mail within 7-10 days. 

Has anyone had similar circumstances around their goodwill letter to Synchrony? If so, what was the outcome? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
dznen1
Regular Contributor

Re: Goodwill Letter To Synchrony - Your Experiences

Here's hoping you have good success with them!   Would you mind pm'g me their email address as well?  I was up early this morning drafting a good will letter, I have two accounts with them,  but had not been able to locate an email address.

Thanks so much.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would love the email address as well! They are on my list to send a GW letter to Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 5
SupraTurbo2jz
Regular Contributor

I know this is old but would love that email address as well

CH 7 BK discharged 05/15 goal scores 680 across the board
Current Score: TU 657 EQ 676 EX 657 FICO pull 03/20/17

photo cabelas 3700.jpg
 photo Disney siggy 5000.png photo SWP Premier 2500.png photo virgin america 2300.jpg photo lexus 2500.png photo toyota 2500.png photo kays1500.jpg photo hsn4000.png photo GoodSam 1000.png photo buckle 900.jpg photo af 250.png photo valero.jpg photo fingerhut.jpg
Message 4 of 5
lindsaydruart
Established Contributor

I didn't use the email address. I mailed a letter. About 2 weeks later, I got an email saying they would contact me. Several weeks went by, I JUST looked at my credit report and all the baddies were updated as goodies. WOOT!

Gardening since 12/15/2019. Goal 12/15/2021
FICO 8 as of 12/16/2019 - EQ 602 EX 656 TU 628
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.