cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodwill Letters Commencing - USAA is first up.

tag
gibeon
Established Contributor

Goodwill Letters Commencing - USAA is first up.

I sent my first Goodwill request to USAA today.

Had a card that defaulted and went to Charge-off/Collections in 2011/2012. For some reason there are 24 months of late payments from the month I settled the account - July 2015, and going back into 2013 for 26 or 27 90-day late payments on Equifax and Experian. These can't possibly be helping my score. 

I would imagine that they shouldn't have lates at all after the account went to collections, so I'm not sure what's going on. 

I will update when I find out what happens. Now I need to work on getting all the lates from my rehabbed student loans removed by Sallie Mae...I think there are about 60 there because of the every-semester-is-two-new-loans thing...

Wish me luck!

23 Open Bank Cards / 7 Open Store Cards / TOO many inquires / Mid/High 600's
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Goodwill Letters Commencing - USAA is first up.

Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 3
gibeon
Established Contributor

Re: Goodwill Letters Commencing - USAA is first up.

Update:

The online request got me back an ail to complete a form and mail it in.

I included two MyFico reports (just the USAA part) that shows all the new lates, and an Experian and Equifax from Feb/Mar that show no lates, and just the charge-offs.

The kicker is that they are STILL updating the charge-offs, through September now, when this was settled in June.

So at least the post June stuff should get cleared up, I hope.

I also included a very nice letter that's says how hard I'm working on my credit and how awesome they are for letting me back in, etc.

Hope to hear something back by mid-November or earlier.
23 Open Bank Cards / 7 Open Store Cards / TOO many inquires / Mid/High 600's
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.