Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodwill Letters Denied

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Goodwill Letters Denied

One thing you must never forget is keep on trying and never give up when it comes to credit rebuilding...

I sent out my first GW letter ever about a week ago, we will see how that goes.

but I will continue to send it if declined.

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I sent out my first GW letter ever about a week ago, we will see how that goes.

Why send out one when you can print extra copies and send out a bunch.  However many copies you print up and send out gives you that many more chances of success!

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/The-Saturation-Technique-Best-GW-adjustment-odds/td-p/4727098

Message 12 of 18
tschaet
Regular Contributor

It is definitely a frustrating process.  Unfortunately all of mine are large companies like Synchrony, Chase, and Barclays.  They all have about 3 years until they fall off too.  I've gotten so many no's with the same responses.  Obviously the debt is my own fault, but the process is very frustrating.

$1700$2000
5/2022 Credit Karma Scores:

April 2022 FICO Scores:

May 2022 FICO Scores:
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep at it.  Perhaps change your approach and or pitch in your GW letters.  Sometimes you don't get a different result if you keep doing the same exact thing.  A couple of tweaks to your letters could help you achieve a favorable result.

Message 14 of 18
wa3more
Established Contributor

Major creditors are tough for GW. Forget Chase, they will never GW.

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Never say never.

I'm sure with some searching you'd find examples of people that received GW from Chase.

Message 16 of 18
wa3more
Established Contributor

no , you are right, never say never. Chase did have a history up until maybe 2011 or 2012 on a few occassions then stopped as a general practice. Don't see anything within last couple years at least.

I said in earlier post, i had 1 30 day late they refused to stop reporting despite my multiple accounts and almost 30 year relationship and perfect payments on mtg accounts for 20 years. Spoke to numerous people in EO and they said "we have to report accurate information for integrity purpose". I suppose someone could get the right person on the right day.

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly.  That's why I recommend the Saturation Technique because you get a ton of different people on a ton of different days which greatly magnifies the chances of something favorable happening.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.