Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodwill Letters E-Mail vs. Fax vs. Regular Mail

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Goodwill Letters E-Mail vs. Fax vs. Regular Mail

Hey everyone! I've gone through some tough times with credit in the recent past and I'm now trying to bounce back. I've paid off all my delinquent accounts and was planning on rebuilding by just paying the open accounts I currently have on time, however it seems that this is going to take a long time to get my credit score back to the point where I can get a home loan (which is my ultimate goal).

While digging around for ways to speed up the recovery process, I discovered that you can send goodwill letters to former creditors and request late payments be removed. I realize that this is obviously no guarantee that they will do anything with my request, but I figured that it's worth a shot. My question to you is, in your experience what's the best way to send a goodwill letter to to a creditor? Should I E-Mail, Fax or just send the letter by regular mail?

Any advice is appreciated!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
user5387
Valued Contributor

Re: Goodwill Letters E-Mail vs. Fax vs. Regular Mail

Welcome to the forums!

I'm no expert on this subject, but I have had occasion to contact companies about billing errors and other such things.

What I do is get the name and address of a top executive, using a Google search, and send them a regular letter.  If letterhead is available, by all means use it.

Such people often have assistants who are skilled at quickly resolving these kinds of issues.

Message 2 of 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Goodwill Letters E-Mail vs. Fax vs. Regular Mail

IMO a professional letter mailed to the EO is desirable

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.