Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodwill Letters after deletion!?!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Goodwill Letters after deletion!?!

Happy Saturday everyone!

I have a dilemma! Before sending my first batch of goodwill letters to Synchrony, I decided to dispute one last time. Well, Exp & TU verified, but Equifax deleted all five accounts!!! While this makes me extremely happy, now I'm afraid to send off the letters, in fear that it gets added back to Equifax! Le sigh...

Posted this in the gardening forum, but thought answers may help others, as well.

Have a great day!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Goodwill Letters after deletion!?!

Interested in seeing what decision you make, as well as how you proceed and what the outcome is!

Keep us posted.

Thanks for info!

Peace!

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Interested in seeing what decision you make, as well as how you proceed and what the outcome is!

Keep us posted.

Thanks for info!

Peace!

I'm probably not going to write the letters. I'm going to observe my reports during my gardening period; then, once a couple of other items are removed, or fall off, I will revisit the issue. There are a couple of CLIs I want to request in a couple of months, that pull EQ and so, don't want to rock that boat yet.

Thanks for the support and best wishes on your journey!

Message 3 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Removal after a dispute is filed could have been done either by the CRA completing their reinvestigation and making the deletion based on their finding that they could not verify or correct, or it could have resulted by the creditor simply reporting deletion prior to completion of the dispute, thus removing the account, and thus any issues of verification of the disputed info.

Did you receive a final Notice of Results of REinvestigation from the CRA, making of record that they deleted rather than the creditor having reported deletion?

Perhaps the deletion was not done by the CRA, but rather by the furnisher.

Addiionally, a furnisher can always reinsert information, even it was previously delted by a CRA based on a finding in a prior dispute.

Deletion is not absolute.

FCRA 611(a)(5)(B) sets forth the procedure for reinsertion of information that was deleted based on a prior dispute, and in a nutshell, permits reinsertion provided the furnisher submits a Certification of Accuracy of the information.  

If two of the three CRAs verified, that leads to the conclusion that the creditor did verify with those CRAs, and that the deletion with the third CRA was voluntary for some reason.  Verification in response to the prior disputes would indicate their clear ability to provide a Certification of Accuracy to the third CRA.  

Message 4 of 9
seattlecredit08
Frequent Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

Addiionally, a furnisher can always reinsert information, even it was previously delted by a CRA based on a finding in a prior dispute.

FCRA 611(a)(5)(B) sets forth the procedure for reinsertion of information that was deleted based on a prior dispute, and in a nutshell, permits reinsertion provided the furnisher submits a Certification of Accuracy of the information.  

@RobertEG wrote:

Question: Does anyone here have technical knowledge as to how BIG / high-volume data furnishers typically perform account re-insertions of previously deleted accounts?

Specifically, some questions around the mechanics and nuts and bolts of account re-insertion by data furnishers such as Capital One, Bank of America, etc (i.e. not your neighborhood lenders):

1. Does re-insertion action typically occur through e-Oscar system (as other routine dispute processing) ?

If YES:

2. To do an electronic re-insertion of a given account, is it true that all 3 of the following must match (match between what information CRA has on the consumer and information supplied by the data furnisher):

-- Name

-- SSN

-- Address

In other words, in a hypothetical example, if following account deletion, the consumer deletes the address associated with that account, does it make it virtually impossible for the data furnisher to re-insert account electronically?

3. How does e-Oscar system faciliate explicit compliance with FCRA 611(a)(5)(B)? E.g. does e-Oscar software/system have a "feature" for data furnisher to provide/attach "certification of accuracy of information" stipulated by FCRA 611(a)(5)(B).

(NOTE: Of course, it's obvious that with enough effort, any account can be re-inserted by any data furnisher, e.g. using a good old manual process of submitting paper letters. My question is NOT about that aspect but rather about the practical elements of account re-insertion and how it's done by BIG / high-volume data furnishers such as Capital One, Bank of America, etc., who are unlikely to do a lot of manual paper processing for individual consumer accounts, unless it concerns let's say matters of litigation).

Of course, if anyone has any other practical knowledge with regard to account re-insertion process that would be very, very helpful. 

Thanks!!

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you receive a final Notice of Results of REinvestigation from the CRA, making of record that they deleted rather than the creditor having reported deletion?

Perhaps the deletion was not done by the CRA, but rather by the furnisher.

Equifax sent a final notice of investigation and noted that the items were removed. I'm sure it can be re-inserted...which is why I would rather not rock the boat!

Thank you!

Message 6 of 9
gdtobefree
Established Contributor

The fact that you have in writing that the account was deleted is a good thing to have in case of re-insertion on that report.

It's highly possible the reason why they were deleted is the OC no longer has a contract for reporting with EQ.

I would send the goodwill letters.
You have a defense against re-insertion.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

As an update...I wrote the letters. Fingers crossed!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.