Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodwill Letters

tag
scorepower
Regular Contributor

Goodwill Letters

I sent a couple of GW and PFD letters ouple of weeks ago. I'm curious when i should follow-up or write another letter? Do you normally wait for a reply from the creditor before sending another GW? Thanks

1/16/16 Credit Check Total FICO 08 Scores: TU 633, EX 651, EQ 629
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
AutoBot
Established Contributor

Re: Goodwill Letters

How many weeks are we talking here? I have sent out GW letters to WFHM and CitiMortgage and got letters back within a week.

Message 2 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@scorepower wrote:

I sent a couple of GW and PFD letters ouple of weeks ago. I'm curious when i should follow-up or write another letter? Do you normally wait for a reply from the creditor before sending another GW? Thanks

Good rule of thumb is If you hear nothing after 30 days passes you check your reports see if there are any changes if not out goes another GW letter. You can also do it every 60 days if you wish. There is no law saying they even have to respond to a GW request or a PFD offer and there are some who dont.

Message 3 of 4
scorepower
Regular Contributor

I might of spoke too soon. As soon as I came home, I received a letter from my mortgage company that they updated the credit bureaus that reporting has been changed to reflect deferred payments. So happy to see that. I received lates because of a loan modification. Anyway, I checked credit karma and saw an update from them but nothing changed. I'm assuming it takes a few weeks for the reports to be updated. Small victory!! About to sit down and wrote a few more GW. 

1/16/16 Credit Check Total FICO 08 Scores: TU 633, EX 651, EQ 629
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.