Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodwill PG&E

tag
UpandUp
Contributor

Goodwill PG&E

Has anyone had luck with goodwilling PG&E, and if so, what address?
10/10/17: EQ:662, :TU:650, EX:672 - FICO
700 Club, here I come!
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
IrishPM
Frequent Contributor

Re: Goodwill PG&E

Hi....I had success with removing PG&E completely from my credit reports. I had been disputing a negative trade line in my credit files through the credit reporting agencies but got nowhere for 2 years. The information kept coming back as "verified as accurate".

However, I obtained the phone number through writing a goodwill letter to the San Francisco office (main office I think) and got a letter back with a name and direct phone number to talk to an actual person. I called the phone number and spoke to a senior customer service rep. I appealed to his sense of fairness.....why should I be punished for a 5 year old utility bill that's been paid in full (I actually used the words "lousy $68 dollar utility bill")? I reasoned with him that I'd like to purchase a home and to be held back from doing so over this "$68 dollar utility bill that's been paid in full for over 5 years" is not reasonable.

Within 24 hours, PG&E sent a Universal Data Form via Eoscar to all 3 credit reporting agencies deleting the trade line. PG&E sent me confirmation in writing within 1 week with a copy of the UDF attached.

All in all, it took about 3 weeks between the goodwill letter and the phone call to PG&E before the trade line was finally deleted.

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@IrishPM wrote:

Hi....I had success with removing PG&E completely from my credit reports. I had been disputing a negative trade line in my credit files through the credit reporting agencies but got nowhere for 2 years. The information kept coming back as "verified as accurate".

However, I obtained the phone number through writing a goodwill letter to the San Francisco office (main office I think) and got a letter back with a name and direct phone number to talk to an actual person. I called the phone number and spoke to a senior customer service rep. I appealed to his sense of fairness.....why should I be punished for a 5 year old utility bill that's been paid in full (I actually used the words "lousy $68 dollar utility bill")? I reasoned with him that I'd like to purchase a home and to be held back from doing so over this "$68 dollar utility bill that's been paid in full for over 5 years" is not reasonable.

Within 24 hours, PG&E sent a Universal Data Form via Eoscar to all 3 credit reporting agencies deleting the trade line. PG&E sent me confirmation in writing within 1 week with a copy of the UDF attached.

All in all, it took about 3 weeks between the goodwill letter and the phone call to PG&E before the trade line was finally deleted.

Hope this helps.

Congratulation! I am actually dealing with PG&E now trying to get them remove my paid account.  I sent a GW letter and tried calling the closing account department and had  no luck. Could you please tell me what's the best way to do it? Is it ok if you can PM me the senior costumer service rep's phone number so maybe I could have a chance to do it too? 
Thanks in advance. 

Message 3 of 9
UpandUp
Contributor

If you find the contact info. could you send to me as well?  I've been goodwilling/disputing to no avail and had actually given up.
10/10/17: EQ:662, :TU:650, EX:672 - FICO
700 Club, here I come!
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

bump
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

please PM me as well, thanks! 
Message 6 of 9
andrew783
Established Member

could you please PM me that informatio too? THANK YOU!!!

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

edited

google is your friend. should be able to find address/emails if you google these names

Hi, OnTheMends, unfortunately we can't post others' info on this forum. However, if you find any consumer-related links that have this info, feel free to post that in the future. - llecs, myFICO moderator

Message 8 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

BTW, here's the same info:

http://www.pgecorp.com/aboutus/our_team/

The folks listed in the prior post were PD, KM, and CJ

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.