Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodwill Question

tag
peme6040
New Contributor

Goodwill Question

Hi everyone,  

I'm just learning about Goodwill letters to credit card companies-gonna try and give it a shot, worst they can say is no.  But before I send my letter(s) I had a few questions.  I have 3 accts with Cap One that had 30-60day lates on them back in 2008-2009.  When writing my letter(s), should I write one letter regarding all 3 accts or 3 different letters corresponding to each acct.?  Also, I have read that most people have sent theirs thru the mail, but I've also read a couple of people have emailed their letters to the company itself (much quicker response time).  I checked out the email option for Cap. One and it says that emails go to one of their representitives and they should respond back within 1-2 business days....are these representatives able to determine whether a Goodwill is given or are they just regular customer service reps that don't actually deal with granting Goodwills?  Thanks for the help!!

Starting Score: 645
Current Score: 713!
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Goodwill Question

@peme6040 wrote:

Hi everyone,  

I'm just learning about Goodwill letters to credit card companies-gonna try and give it a shot, worst they can say is no.  But before I send my letter(s) I had a few questions.  I have 3 accts with Cap One that had 30-60day lates on them back in 2008-2009.  When writing my letter(s), should I write one letter regarding all 3 accts or 3 different letters corresponding to each acct.?  Also, I have read that most people have sent theirs thru the mail, but I've also read a couple of people have emailed their letters to the company itself (much quicker response time).  I checked out the email option for Cap. One and it says that emails go to one of their representitives and they should respond back within 1-2 business days....are these representatives able to determine whether a Goodwill is given or are they just regular customer service reps that don't actually deal with granting Goodwills?  Thanks for the help!!

With GWs I recommend 1 account at a time unless there was an issue at the time that would have involved all the accounts at same time. Personally I am old school and when I did GWs they got a professional letter from me I did not use email. GW by email would be sent to the EO.

Message 2 of 5
peme6040
New Contributor

Before I got a response back on here, I sent out one GW letter to one acct on CO and the next morning they e-mailed me back a generic letter that didn't even sound like they read my letter.  So I will be mailing from now on.  Thx for the reply.

Message 3 of 5
Shokk
Established Contributor

@peme6040 wrote:

Before I got a response back on here, I sent out one GW letter to one acct on CO and the next morning they e-mailed me back a generic letter that didn't even sound like they read my letter.  So I will be mailing from now on.  Thx for the reply.

Make sure you have the correct email address.  If you want to PM me what you used, I can verify.  I sent a GW via email to Cap One and included both accounts.  Got a call from the EO office within a couple days.

I don't know my start scores, but low 500s. 6/2013

2/19/15
EQ FAKO - 638
EX FICO - 665
TU FICO - 697
Message 4 of 5
peme6040
New Contributor

The email I used was within their website.  You are able to send a secured message to them but it doesn't display their specific email address.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.