Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodwill SUCCESS Toyota Financial TFS

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Goodwill SUCCESS Toyota Financial TFS

Hello all!  I've never posted here before, but since I looked here for advice and suggestions, I wanted to re-pay by posting my recent quest (and SUCCESS) for removal of (2) 30-day lates from Toyota Financial. 

I had (2) 30-day late payments incur for the months of April and May 2014.  I had an unexpected change in employment.  The bank I was working for was bought-out by another bank and my position was not retained.  I found a job quickly, but had requested payment extensions from Toyota Financial in the meantime, so that my short lapse in income wouldn't result in going past-due on my loan.  The extension requests were not approved due to the recentness of my loan (I got the loan in October 2013), so I did whatever I could to remain current on my payments, but ended up falling behind those 2 months.

I am trying to purchase a home at the moment, and these (2) 30-day lates are KILLING my credit score due to the fact that they aren't even 6 months old yet.  So, I figured what do I have to lose?  Nothing.  Why not try faxing and emailing GOODWILL REQUESTS to them, and see if someone will take pity on me and will remove those (2) 30-day lates.

I faxed a GW request to a fax # for the credit dispute department that I found on a seperate post here in the Forums (319-221-6979).  I faxed it 08/13/14 (6 days ago).  I received no response via phone or mail, but it was only 6 days ago that I sent it in, so I didn't expect to see anything yet anyway.

The same day, 08/13/14, I decided I had nothing to lose and found TFS' CEO's email address (I just Googled Toyota Financial CEO email address and one website has a list of CEO email address across the world.  I didn't know if it was legitimate but again, I had nothing to lose).  I emailed my plea to the CEO directly.  That was 6 days ago.  I never expected to hear anything back.  BUT I DID!  I received a call just an hour ago from TFS Executive Office's, and a very kind woman.  She said she was calling in regards to the email I sent Mr. _____ (CEO) and had me verify the last 4 of my SSN and the type of vehicle the loan was for. After I verified for her, she told me they received my request for removal of the (2) 30-day late payments, and that they would be removing them as a customer service courtesy.  I cried and I thanked her a million times over.  She said they'd be mailing me a letter that supports their decision to remove them from my credit history, and that within 30 days it should also be updated with the credit bureaus.

I just want you all to know that it is possible.  Go out on a limb for yourself and the health of your credit.  I didn't think my request would even make it to the CEO's in-box, let alone that I would ever get a response.  But I did!  In less than a week!  I'll paste the letter I sent, in case it helps anyone else in their journey to rebuild credit.

I am forever grateful to TFS for their generosity. They have saved me from 7 years of those late payments showing up on my credit report. I am so incredibly grateful.

Good luck out there, everyone!  Most importantly, thank you all so much for sharing your stories too.  If it weren't for you sharing your stories, and me reading them, I would never have even known I could ask for someone to remove my late payments.  Thank you! Smiley Happy

-----

(via email)

RE: TFS Account Number _______________ (auto loan for 2014 Toyota Tundra)

Good afternoon Mr. _______,

My name is ________ and I am writing this letter in regards to the two (2) 30-day late payments that I made to Toyota Financial Services on the above account. The 30-day late payments were made in April and May of 2014, and I have since paid off the loan in full.   I would like to know if Toyota Financial Services would be willing to make a goodwill adjustment on the two (2) 30-day late payments that I made, and report the adjustment to all credit bureaus as soon as possible (I am in the closing stages of a mortgage loan at the moment)?

The reason I am asking for this goodwill gesture from TFS is that I am in the midst of trying to purchase my very first home, and the mortgage lender will approve my mortgage loan ONLY IF the two (2) 30-day late payments are adjusted, and not reporting as 30-day lates.  Due to how recent the 30-day late payments were made, and to their devastating impact on my credit score, without the generosity on behalf of TFS to adjust the reporting, I will not be able to obtain my home.

I am truly sorry for making the payments late. The late payments were caused by an unexpected loss of employment.  I was fortunate to find a new job relatively quickly, and I did have some savings set aside that I used to pay my bills, but the lapse in employment made it difficult to keep all accounts current. In an attempt to handle the situation as responsibly as I could, I had requested payment extensions from TFS, but my account was too new to qualify, so I did the best I could at keeping my account current and unfortunately was not able to meet payment deadlines on those 2 payments mentioned above. 

I would be so incredibly grateful if you would help me achieve the dream of home ownership by removing the late payments from my payment history with TFS by making this goodwill gesture. Even if you are not able to do so, I thank you for your consideration and for taking the time to read this letter.

Sincerely,

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Jaybone2
Valued Member

Re: Goodwill SUCCESS Toyota Financial TFS

Congrats,

I have sent a few GWs to TFS by mail witout success. Would you mind PMing me the email address you sent it to?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

WOW!!  I'm so psyched for you!!!  That's awesome!!   I have 8 30 day late payments between 2012 and 03/2013.   I'm out of that lease and haven't been late since,   The credit report they pulled when they originally set up my lease had a huge error (thx Cap One - Karma is a bigger b****than I'll ever be) so the pymts were too high once those student loans came due.   Anyway, I'd love to get those lates removed.   I was late.  I called them and explained everything, they extended my lease by two months and I thought w were good.  They reported me anyway.   I might try.  Great letter.    Happy it worked for you 

Message 3 of 4
dt33

Could you please PM the CEO email address. I have a very similar situation as yours, difference is I have worked for them Toyota for 9 years and haven't had any luck. Thanks in advance!!!!!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.