cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodwill Success! SCORE JUMP - I'm SO happy!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Goodwill Success! SCORE JUMP - I'm SO happy!

Hi All,

I just pulled my Equifax report and my lates have been removed! I previously had 30/60 days past due's reported on my Comenity Ann Taylor card. My account was closed to further purchases (but still showing open). A little more history.. After my lapse in payments/past dues, I FAITHFULLY paid off my balance consistently and made my last lump payment until I had a $0 balance. Fast forward a few months later and here we are as I'm trying to rebuild my credit score.

I'M SO HAPPY! This is my FIRST OFFICIAL SUCCESSFUL GW!! I couldn't have done it without all the great reading on this forum. I spoke with a representative and their supervisor (early last week) AND sent in a letter just in case (late last week) I'm not sure which one did it. I'm pretty sure it was the first since I sent it via snail mail Smiley Happy I had a positive verbal conversation but didn't really think it would happen!

Unfortunately my myFICO 3 Credit Bureau monitoring is not working at this time so.... I'm unable to see whether it's reflected across all reporting agencies (thinking about canceling this) Smiley Sad

ANYHOW, this is the BEST PART!! I have a few other things pending that could be contributing here (changes in balances, more Goodwill Letters/Calls, disputes etc). For someone who started in the 400s early this year, this is like CHRISTMAS!

Here are my scores via EQUIFAX:

Equifax

As of 11/12/2014

FAIR

Equifax

As of 11/15/2014

FAIR

Equifax

As of 11/18/2014

FAIR

EditL Scores in my signature are from myFICO products over time. As mentioned above, I'm not seeing any updates with my monitoring on myFICO. Scores above are directly through Equifax Complete Premier Plan which allows multiple pulls of my personal report. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
MrE
Established Member

Re: Goodwill Success! SCORE JUMP - I'm SO happy!

What does GoodWill Letter mean?  Today is my first day on the forums and without going into detail... have a lot of work to do. 

Thanks

Ken

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi All,

I just pulled my Equifax report and my lates have been removed! I previously had 30/60 days past due's reported on my Comenity Ann Taylor card. My account was closed to further purchases (but still showing open). A little more history.. After my lapse in payments/past dues, I FAITHFULLY paid off my balance consistently and made my last lump payment until I had a $0 balance. Fast forward a few months later and here we are as I'm trying to rebuild my credit score.

I'M SO HAPPY! This is my FIRST OFFICIAL SUCCESSFUL GW!! I couldn't have done it without all the great reading on this forum. I spoke with a representative and their supervisor (early last week) AND sent in a letter just in case (late last week) I'm not sure which one did it. I'm pretty sure it was the first since I sent it via snail mail Smiley Happy I had a positive verbal conversation but didn't really think it would happen!

Unfortunately my myFICO 3 Credit Bureau monitoring is not working at this time so.... I'm unable to see whether it's reflected across all reporting agencies (thinking about canceling this) Smiley Sad

ANYHOW, this is the BEST PART!! I have a few other things pending that could be contributing here (changes in balances, more Goodwill Letters/Calls, disputes etc). For someone who started in the 400s early this year, this is like CHRISTMAS!

Here are my scores via EQUIFAX:

Equifax

As of 11/12/2014

FAIR

Equifax

As of 11/15/2014

FAIR

Equifax

As of 11/18/2014

FAIR

EditL Scores in my signature are from myFICO products over time. As mentioned above, I'm not seeing any updates with my monitoring on myFICO. Scores above are directly through Equifax Complete Premier Plan which allows multiple pulls of my personal report. 

Congratulations!...Thanks For Sharing.Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MrE wrote:

What does GoodWill Letter mean?  Today is my first day on the forums and without going into detail... have a lot of work to do. 

Thanks

Ken

Hi Ken,

You're in the right place. I have learned a lot by reading this forum and performing many google searches based on what I've found/need. When you have late payments or other information that is derogatory on your credit report, it typically results in lowering your credit score. I don't know what your situation is (i.e.  how far back late payments may go etc). In some cases a goodwill letter or goodwill call to your various lenders may remove negative credit report information. 

All the best and happy rebuilding!

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is great news!  Could you please let me know where you sent the letter for your Ann Taylor card? Thank you!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.