cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodwill Successes? HSBC, Chase, CBCS, Convergent, CFNA?

tag
stlmo123

Goodwill Successes? HSBC, Chase, CBCS, Convergent, CFNA?

I sent out four goodwill letters today and one e-mail.

Chase:

E-mailed through "secure message center" on website to see if it got me anywhere. They replied within an hour and removed the $25 late fee from two years ago when I requested the removal of the 30 days late from my reports. Anyone have a physical address or e-mail address where I might be able to talk to someone higher up?

CBCS:

Collected for AT&T over a year ago. Sent GW letter via snail mail and assume it will be removed considering I paid them in full and it's been done with for over a year now.

HSBC:

I had a Best Buy charge through them. Paid the balance in full over two years ago but there were some late payments showing. I requested they remove it entirely.

Convergent:

Collected from Sprint account I stupidly opened before I turned 18. I settled with them. Anyone have any luck with collections getting removed that you settled rather than pay the full balance?

CFNA:

Opened a Firestone charge. Paid good for a year. Then had 30, 60, 90, 120, and then 90 days late showing. Checked report last night for the first time in a long time to find out it was still open (I thought I had closed it) and they gave me credit of $900 again. I called CFNA to confirm this and the nice woman on the phone said they reviewed the account in April and increased the CL from 0 to 900 (quite the increase) and that she's pretty confident that if I send a letter I can get the lates removed. 

Has anyone had any luck with GW and these companies? I have been paying off balances and lately I've been getting pre-qualified offers in the mail. Yesterday I got one from CapitalOne and out of curiosity applied online and was approved for $1000 immediately. I'm 22 and got myself into debt a few years ago and then got hit real hard by the recession and was making half of what I was before when all of these late payments occurred. It seems like I'm on the right track. The last time I applied for a credit card was over two years ago and I was denied (by CapitalOne). 

I'm just curious as to how successful people have been with these letters. Especially in getting late payments removed. I have one more balance I need to pay down with a Citi AAdvantage AMEX and once I'm done with that I'll send them a letter about the late payments in 09/10 when I had all of this trouble. I'm worried these things will follow me all the way to the mortgage process (though it's doubtful I'll be in a position to buy a home within the next few years). 

I appreciate your input. I'm glad I found this forum. It's an incredible resource and very encouraging.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Goodwill Successes? HSBC, Chase, CBCS, Convergent, CFNA?

Thank you for submitting this. I, too, just sent a Good Will letter to HSBC for an old Sears credit card. Did you have any luck with them?

Message 2 of 3
somotao
Frequent Contributor

Re: Goodwill Successes? HSBC, Chase, CBCS, Convergent, CFNA?

A lot of people have had very good success Chase me included.....I have sent you a PM of the address I sent my goodwill letter to. Hopefully you received favorable outcome.

Starting Score: 500s
Current Score: EQ: 708myFICO(7/15/17), TU: 721myFICO(7/15/17), EX: 701myFICO(7/15/17)
Goal Score: 750

Wallet: Discover IT $50300, Capital One Platinum $17000, Barclays Rewards $6700, Walmart $6000, Amazon Store Card $6000 Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000, Chase Sapphire Reserve $10000, Bank of America Cash Rewards $500. BestBuy $10000
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.