Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodwill a closed account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Goodwill a closed account

I have an old CC account that was closed due to inactivity. I had a couple late payments (I think all were 30 days) and it is reporting on all three CR's. All three CR's show it under the "negative" section of my CR. I want to send a goodwill letter to have those late payments removed but I read that it's not always the best to goodwill closed accounts. I attached a copy of it from my Experian CR. Let me know if you want to see this TL from the other CR's.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Goodwill a closed account

bigdguy, the reason that we say do not dispute a closed account is that the OC may deleted it.  You do not want an account deleted IF it is helping your length of history.

1- 30 day late that was reported 3 years ago is already aging.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Goodwill a closed account

I ended up sending a GW letter anyways and yes, I got a letter yesterday saying because my account was no longer in their system, they were going to delete it from the three major CRA's. Not sure how this has affected any of my scores. I'll report back when I do find out.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.