Established Member

Goodwill adjustment letter led to dispute

I'm fairly new here (to posting anyway---longtime stalker).  I recently mailed a GW letter to WFFNB for a 30 day late payment back in February 2011.  I checked my credit report on here yesterday and see where they placed a remark on all 3 of my reports that I'm disputing the account!! I've had excellent results getting old/paid collections deleted with GW's so I was a little flabbergasted by this.  Has anyone else ever had this happen????

4/5/12 lender pull: EQ(635), EX (683) TU (645)
Goal: 700+ across the board.
Super Contributor

Re: Goodwill adjustment letter led to dispute

RUNURSINGHOO wrote:

I'm fairly new here (to posting anyway---longtime stalker).  I recently mailed a GW letter to WFFNB for a 30 day late payment back in February 2011.  I checked my credit report on here yesterday and see where they placed a remark on all 3 of my reports that I'm disputing the account!! I've had excellent results getting old/paid collections deleted with GW's so I was a little flabbergasted by this.  Has anyone else ever had this happen????

Yes, unfortunately this happens sometimes.   Either they robo~scan the letter or someone completely misinterprets it.....

Have you tried calling them ?   Maybe you could connect with the right department and work it out.

Fortunately this is only a 30 day late, and since it is over a year old, much of the FICO scoring ding should have faded by now.....

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Established Member

Re: Goodwill adjustment letter led to dispute

I actually did call. I faxed a letter requesting that they remove the dispute remark along with a copy of my report showing where it was disputed. Hopefully it won't take too long to get it straightened out. I couldn't find anything where anyone else had this happen.  A simple "no" from them would have been better! Lol.

4/5/12 lender pull: EQ(635), EX (683) TU (645)
Goal: 700+ across the board.
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.