Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodwill email success

tag
dman23
Frequent Contributor

Goodwill email success

Just checked my Experian report and got a nice 28 point bump from 702 to 730. I had an account in Collections (paid in full in 2009). This had dropped off of TU & EQ 6 months or longer but still showing on EX. A few months ago I was considering contacting CA but didn't want to open up a can of worms for fear that maybe the collection account would reappear on TU & EQ. Couple of weeks ago I decided to go ahead and email the CA. (Cach, LLC)  In my email I gave them old account number and simply stated that I noticed this account on my Experian report and respectfully asked for removal. They dropped it, hence the bump in score.

Thanks to all who share in these forums. I've learned a lot from you all.

myFico Score Experian: Start (4/21/14) 626 Current (5/7/16) 841
myFico Score Equifax: Start (4/30/14) 694 Current (5/6/16) 838
myFico Score Transunion Start (5/01/2014) 727 Current (5/7/16) 842
Discover (4/24/14) 659 (5/5/16) 842
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Goodwill email success

@dman23 wrote:

Just checked my Experian report and got a nice 28 point bump from 702 to 730. I had an account in Collections (paid in full in 2009). This had dropped off of TU & EQ 6 months or longer but still showing on EX. A few months ago I was considering contacting CA but didn't want to open up a can of worms for fear that maybe the collection account would reappear on TU & EQ. Couple of weeks ago I decided to go ahead and email the CA. (Cach, LLC)  In my email I gave them old account number and simply stated that I noticed this account on my Experian report and respectfully asked for removal. They dropped it, hence the bump in score.

Wow.. Congratss...

Message 2 of 5
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Woo Hoo!!   Thanks for sharing with us.Smiley Wink

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice job. Now could you be so kind as to send me the email you used for them? I greatly appreciate it. 

Message 4 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@dman23 wrote:

Good job Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.