cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodwill finally worked my last negative item!

tag
DOHCrazy
Established Member

Goodwill finally worked my last negative item!

Had a small paid collection from 2009 for $259. 

Used the domain search trick to find as many email address as I could. Wrote a goodwill email that was true and polite. Sent them from my work email (we're a highly respected company in Dallas.)

Started with the OC and received many quick replies, all of which told me there was nothing they could do without giving false information. I thanked each one for their time and moved on. 

After 10-15 emails to different people at the CA, the executive assistant of one emailed me back:

"Your email has been forwarded to me.  Please be advised that I forwarded a delete request to the credit bureaus.  You should allow 3-4 weeks before requesting a copy of your credit report to give it ample time to update."

I am pumped. Currently sitting in the high 600's and hopefully this will give me a boost. Thanks to this forum for everything I've learned!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Goodwill finally worked my last negative item!

Congrats! 

Message 2 of 13
DOHCrazy
Established Member

The collection finally fell off my Equifax report. Score jumped 43 points from 688 to 731!
Message 3 of 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@DOHCrazy wrote:
The collection finally fell off my Equifax report. Score jumped 43 points from 688 to 731!

Nicely done Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

DOHCrazy,  may I ask what is the domain search trick?   

Message 5 of 13
DOHCrazy
Established Member

I Googled around until I figured out the domain of the CA email accounts.

Using that, you can search "@domain.com" in Google and you'll be surprised how many addresses come up on items such as public FCC filing documents to random subscriptions where the employee used their work address to create an account.

Made a list of every address I could find. Some replied, some didn't, some emails didn't even go through. Eventually someone agreed and helped.

Message 6 of 13
sunkissed
Established Contributor

Crazy cool!!  I love your technique!  Congrats DOHCrazy Smiley Very Happy

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 7 of 13
tendertan
Frequent Contributor

How long do GW letters take to respond back?  I sent mine off 2 weeks ago, so far no response.

Message 8 of 13
DOHCrazy
Established Member

My Goodwill letters were never replied to. I had to send emails to get results. YMMV
Message 9 of 13
tendertan
Frequent Contributor

Any Chance you have the Email address to Capital One and SYNCB?GE?

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.