Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodwill for Capital One

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Goodwill for Capital One

Hello everyone,

Need a little help. Send a goodwill via email to Capital One and of course after a few days received a call from a Rep explaining the situation and she was taking notes. Before we hang up she sounded really positive about the whole thing. She said give me a few days and we will get back to you. Then I receive the email saying they DENIED the goodwill request. The funny thing is she said "Oh I see you have another Capital One account and you have been really good with it." I was yes I hope that's a plus. But it didn't help.

So should I tried again? and if so do I email or send a letter? I was a bit hestiate about sending another email thinking I would get the same Rep again. So any help would be wonderful.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Goodwill for Capital One

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello everyone,

Need a little help. Send a goodwill via email to Capital One and of course after a few days received a call from a Rep explaining the situation and she was taking notes. Before we hang up she sounded really positive about the whole thing. She said give me a few days and we will get back to you. Then I receive the email saying they DENIED the goodwill request. The funny thing is she said "Oh I see you have another Capital One account and you have been really good with it." I was yes I hope that's a plus. But it didn't help.

So should I tried again? and if so do I email or send a letter? I was a bit hestiate about sending another email thinking I would get the same Rep again. So any help would be wonderful.

I would suggest sending them an email through the CEO once a month or so. Don't send the same wording. Change it up. But each email should say somewhere along the lines that your begging them to please reconsider. 

They GW deleted 2 chargeoffs for me sometime ago. It worked for me the first time. You may have success after another one, or maybe 6 letters down the road.

Always be polite no matter how frustrated you may feel. The person calling you really does want to help you. But your circumstances should be compelling. You want the person reading your letter and then calling you to feel for you.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your letters should also be very different from anyone else's. Another words, don't copy GW templates and send them in.

Write something straight from the heart. Tell them your own story. Your circumstances and how you learned from them.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One: Goodwill Letter Success!!

Just wanted to send some inspiration to anyone that may feel uncertain about attempting Goodwill letters for late payments. Based on some information that I found on the myfico discussion boards and this group, I decided to give capital one a try. I had a 30 day late payment dating back to 2014. I have had my credit card since 2011 and never made a late payment except for that one time. I sent a Goodwill letter to the capital one CEO on 3/15/17. On 3/19 I received a telephone call from a lady at the capital one executive office. She was very pleasant and wanted to let me know that my request was received and she was investigating the issue. She left her contact info in case I had any questions. On 3/26 I checked my credit report and to my surprise, the late payment was removed from all 3 of my credit reports. On 3/28 the same lady called me to inform me of their decision to grant my request. She said that it would take 60 days for the update to post to reports. But unbeknownst to her, the changes updated immediately. My fico 8 went up an avg 22 points across the three bureaus. This was my first try at a Goodwill letter. And I couldn't hold back this info. If anyone needs a Goodwill...then capital one is the place to get it! Good Luck!
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone, I am looking to send capital one a GW letter. will be the first one i've sent and was wondering where do i send them to. I see that some people write letters and mail them and others have sent emails to CEO. If anyone counlt point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated! thank you!!

Message 5 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello everyone, I am looking to send capital one a GW letter. will be the first one i've sent and was wondering where do i send them to. I see that some people write letters and mail them and others have sent emails to CEO. If anyone counlt point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated! thank you!!

I always used mail with my GW requests. I would mail to the office of the CEO    https://www.bloomberg.com/profiles/companies/COF:US-capital-one-financial-corp

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've tried twice to gw for a 30 day late payment in 2014 and I was denied twice by two different reps at the corporate office. 

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for being such a noob but do you send it addressed like this on the letter:

Office of the CEO

1680 Capital One Drive
McLean, VA 22102
United States

Also when you have sent GW letter have you had sucess with capital one? and In the letter to you adress the letter to the CEO or do you say "To who it may concern".
Thank you so much for all your help!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.