Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodwill letter SUCCESS!!!

tag
tangerinze
New Contributor

Goodwill letter SUCCESS!!!

I just paid off a collection from my school tution, wrote them a goodwill letter and ta-da! I just checked today and my score jumped 20 points! Happy dance Smiley Happy

Here's my letter if anyone wants to use it as a base for theirs!

YOUR NAME
ADDRESS LINE 1

ADDRESS LINE 2

RECIPIENTS NAME

ADDRESS LINE 1

ADDRESS LINE 2

Date

------------ College Tuition Collection

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing to see if you will make a goodwill adjustment in your reporting to the three major credit bureaus in response to a collection of $$$$ for a tuition bill from my attendance at Johnson College during the summer of 2011. I thought that the bill from this college class was included in my student loans and wasn’t informed that it was not. If I had been aware this matter would have been cleared up well before the bill had gone to collections. Since receiving notice from American Credit and Collections I had set up payment arrangements of $$$ a month and as of July 12, 2013 the account is now paid in full (enclosure: acknowledgement of last payment)

At the time of the collection I was unable to immediately pay it off because I was a recent college graduate and just started my career as a diesel mechanic. As soon as I was able to I made the arrangements to pay this collection off completely. I have been working very hard to improve my credit and this is the only negative mark on my report. I hope to eventually apply for my first mortgage to provide a home for my fiancé and our son but fear that this negative mark will impede upon my aspiration of becoming a homeowner.

I explain my situation not to justify why the bill ended up in collections, or dispute the validity of this now paid debt; rather, I feel that the mark is an inaccurate indicator of my actual creditworthiness. I am asking for American Credit and Collections to remove this collection completely and totally from my credit reports with all of the three major CRAs (EXPERIAN, TRANSUNION, and EQUIFAX). I hope that you may sympathize with my situation in asking for a pardon from this negative mark. I would be very grateful if this debt could be removed from my credit history since the account has now been paid in full.

I hope that you deeply consider my request, thank you so much for your time.

Sincerely,

NAME

Enclosures (1)

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Goodwill letter SUCCESS!!!

Congrats on your success

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 3
BKFireFly
Regular Contributor

Re: Goodwill letter SUCCESS!!!

@Jonesarrr wrote:

I just paid off a collection from my school tution, wrote them a goodwill letter and ta-da! I just checked today and my score jumped 20 points! Happy dance Smiley Happy

Here's my letter if anyone wants to use it as a base for theirs!

YOUR NAME
ADDRESS LINE 1

ADDRESS LINE 2

RECIPIENTS NAME

ADDRESS LINE 1

ADDRESS LINE 2

Date

------------ College Tuition Collection

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing to see if you will make a goodwill adjustment in your reporting to the three major credit bureaus in response to a collection of $$$$ for a tuition bill from my attendance at Johnson College during the summer of 2011. I thought that the bill from this college class was included in my student loans and wasn’t informed that it was not. If I had been aware this matter would have been cleared up well before the bill had gone to collections. Since receiving notice from American Credit and Collections I had set up payment arrangements of $$$ a month and as of July 12, 2013 the account is now paid in full (enclosure: acknowledgement of last payment)

At the time of the collection I was unable to immediately pay it off because I was a recent college graduate and just started my career as a diesel mechanic. As soon as I was able to I made the arrangements to pay this collection off completely. I have been working very hard to improve my credit and this is the only negative mark on my report. I hope to eventually apply for my first mortgage to provide a home for my fiancé and our son but fear that this negative mark will impede upon my aspiration of becoming a homeowner.

I explain my situation not to justify why the bill ended up in collections, or dispute the validity of this now paid debt; rather, I feel that the mark is an inaccurate indicator of my actual creditworthiness. I am asking for American Credit and Collections to remove this collection completely and totally from my credit reports with all of the three major CRAs (EXPERIAN, TRANSUNION, and EQUIFAX). I hope that you may sympathize with my situation in asking for a pardon from this negative mark. I would be very grateful if this debt could be removed from my credit history since the account has now been paid in full.

I hope that you deeply consider my request, thank you so much for your time.

Sincerely,

NAME

Enclosures (1)

Thank you for shairng your letter.

I just tweaked and am sending it to a college attended to remove the account or deliquencies for a student loan that was imporperly handled. Ended up 60 dys late before consol.

Wish me luck

***Nothing Beats a try but a Fail*** I refuse to fail, success is the only option.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.