cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodwill letter = changed late to current?

tag
naptime84
Established Member

Goodwill letter = changed late to current?

I found this kind of odd but maybe it's more common than I think. I wrote Wells Fargo a good will letter on a card that was paid off and closed with a 60 day late showing. I wrote them a goodwill letter for deletion since it falls off soon anyways and now the record on my report shows "current" and the 60 day late is gone. The record is still there. I'm not complaining, just seems weird. Anyone else have this happen?

Starting Score: 530
Current Score: EQ: 663 TU: 635 EX: 749
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Goodwill letter = changed late to current?

The status of an account can be current and still have derogs reported.  They are separate.

Current status only reflects account status as of their last reporting, and reflects no historical information.

If a delinquent accunt is closed, ti will report the current status level of account delinquency.

If a delinquent account is then paid, it is no longr delinquent, so the status must be updated to remove the delinquency reference.

Thus, they did not grant any good-will in changing their reporting, they simply updated to its correct status.

The last level of delinquency is retained under a separate code calley your "Payment Rating," and of course all delinquencies are retained under your Payment History Profile.

Thus, if the record of the 60-late is still in your CR, it was not deleted.  They simply corrected the current status.

You may wish to contact them as renew your GW.

Message 2 of 4
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Op said the 60 day late was gone?

Signature needs updating
Message 3 of 4
naptime84
Established Member

Yes they removed the 60 day late payment status which is what I found odd. I didn't mean they changed it from unpaid to paid.

Starting Score: 530
Current Score: EQ: 663 TU: 635 EX: 749
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.