cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodwill letter emailed to WellsFargo...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Goodwill letter emailed to WellsFargo...

I sent an email to Boardcommunications@wellsfargo.com to request a goodwill adjustment to some lates on an open auto loan account. Has anyone has NY luck getting a response or even an actual adjustment to your credit report after this?

I sent this on 10/3/2016. I recieved this in response...

The Board Communications mailbox has received your correspondence.  Your correspondence will be handled in accordance with Wells Fargo's policy and procedures regarding communications with the Board of Directors of Wells Fargo & Company, which include the discretion to determine if a response is appropriate.

You can review a copy of the Board's "Policy Regarding Communications with the Board of Directors of Wells Fargo & Company" on Wells Fargo's website,
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Goodwill letter emailed to WellsFargo...

WF is one of the mythical entities that is extremely difficult to get any GW.  I'm campaigning them now to try and get them to delete some bad stuff too, thanks for that e-mail addy.  I'm trying the saturation method myself and am currently on round 2, with 19 letters going out.  You might want to try snail mail and faxing as well, odds are very strong that they will deny it right away, but if you work hard enough at it, it is possible.  You just have to find the right person with heart to help you out.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

SW30,

Welcome to the club.  That club being those trying everything to achieve GW success with WF!  Last week after 8 months I finally received a letter from them saying they would delete the negative information reported on my account.  Hopefully I see that change across all 3 bureaus soon enough.

I have used that email address you mentioned in your post multiple times, but it never yielded a favorable response.  Usually following that generic reply email you received, you'll receive a letter in the mail in a week or so letting you know that they're researching your request and will provide a response by such and such date.  They may also call the phone number they have on file for you and say the same thing.  Their response will come in the way of a phone call by such and such date; you'll receive a call from the Executive Office and chances are it will simply be to deny your request.  I've been through this 3 or 4 times. 

I've had better luck with snail mail to be honest.  I recommend the Saturation Technique as referenced above.  You can read about that here:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/The-Saturation-Technique-Best-GW-adjustment-o...

While it did take me 8 months, I did ultimately achieve GW success with WF using this method.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Recieved a phone call today..." Unfortunately we are unable to grant you a goodwill adjustment... blah blah blah" I will mail my second letter today.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Typical response to be expected.  GL with the use of snail mail.  With persistence you can eventually get what you  want.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.