cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodwill letter failed to remove a late payment. Now what?

tag
RD82
Established Member

Goodwill letter failed to remove a late payment. Now what?

My wife had a late payment on her Bloomingdale's card back in March because of a charge she was unaware of and unfortunately she did not setup automatic payments. They called her to inform her of the late payment and she paid off her balance right away.

When she found out the late payment was reported on her credit reports, she called them three times and spoke to someone in charge and after lengthy conversations he declined to have it removed. She paid off he balance in full and setup automatic payments and then sent a Goodwill letter explaining the reason for the overlooked payment, apologizing for it and respectfully asked to have it removed but we received a letter today saying that they will not have it removed because it was accurate.

My question is, what should we do now? Is it worth it to try to dispute it or use a credit repair agency?

We may apply for a business loan soon and this can obviously cause problems

Thanks for your help

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Goodwill letter failed to remove a late payment. Now what?

Credit repair agency can't do anything more than you can do yourself, especially if it is a valid late payment. You gotta be persistent and keep sending GW letters and making calls. Try sending letters to executives and sending emails as well.  Its kind of a "keep attacking until they give up" kind of thing sometimes.

Message 2 of 5
RD82
Established Member

So i shouldn't attempt to dispute it?

How can I get mailing addresses of executives?

Thanks

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You really don't have too much to lose except postage so it's always worth the shot. You can look on the websites to find the mailing addresses of the corporate offices or headquarters where the executives work.

Message 4 of 5
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@RD82 wrote:

So i shouldn't attempt to dispute it?

How can I get mailing addresses of executives?

Thanks

Google! Look for email address too. 

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.