Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodwill letter tips

tag
jthompson5254
Valued Member

Goodwill letter tips

I'm having credit issues due to the economy and some poor planning decisions on my part. I was unemployed 1 1/2 years from March 2013 to August 2014 when I got a part time job with the plan of finding a full time career job. That hasn't worked out and I recently (a month ago) got a 2nd job to pay the bills. Have 2 30-59 lates on my report.  One  from June 2015 (DSRM Bank/Valero) and one in October 2013 (CFNA/Firestone). Also I'm currently 30-59 days late with CFNA/Firestone (actually technically 60 days late because my payment was made after 5pm today).

I want to write a good will letter to CFNA to see if they will not report the current status 30-59 days late. I've made the full minimum payment and will have the money to pay in the future. Anyone know what the way to find the best address and a good template I can make my own. I'm also going to try DSRM with a goodwill to see if they will erase my 30-59 from June.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Goodwill letter tips

@jthompson5254 wrote:

I'm having credit issues due to the economy and some poor planning decisions on my part. I was unemployed 1 1/2 years from March 2013 to August 2014 when I got a part time job with the plan of finding a full time career job. That hasn't worked out and I recently (a month ago) got a 2nd job to pay the bills. Have 2 30-59 lates on my report.  One  from June 2015 (DSRM Bank/Valero) and one in October 2013 (CFNA/Firestone). Also I'm currently 30-59 days late with CFNA/Firestone (actually technically 60 days late because my payment was made after 5pm today).

I want to write a good will letter to CFNA to see if they will not report the current status 30-59 days late. I've made the full minimum payment and will have the money to pay in the future. Anyone know what the way to find the best address and a good template I can make my own. I'm also going to try DSRM with a goodwill to see if they will erase my 30-59 from June.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Sto...

Message 2 of 3
crrredit
Established Contributor

Re: Goodwill letter tips

I have a perfect record with GW letters--none accepted. This is the only thing left for me to do to get rid of baddies, and I have had no luck. Reading the tips, trying different approaches. I think they're unicorns.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.