04-18-2013 10:57 PM - edited 10-07-2013 09:04 PM
Long Success story short:
-Fell behind on payments on a Capital One card in 2007.
-I was served in 2009,
-Won Judgment against me (I was a no show, mixed up court dates)
-Garnished my wages,
-10 months later, it was paid off on June 2010.
April 9th 2013
Searched this forum and found several GW letters that matched true to my situation and spliced them together. Sent a Goodwill letter stating:
1. My deepest regret for falling behind
2. Gave my reasoning that I was currently separated and involved in preliminary divorce proceedings and had 2 household to financially take care of.
3. Recognized my responsibility and have been up to date with current accounts ever since.
4. Was trying to get better interest rate on a mortgage, but this negative mark kept me from accomplishing that.
5. Requested kindly an "adjustment" to the credit bureaus.
6. Thanked them for the consideration they've given my current situation.
10 days later, (yes 10 days)
Alert from myFico, account was deleted from all 3 CRA's! Unfortunately since this was my 2nd to oldest account, score did not go up, but it's off my record 1 year earlier than it should have been. (7 years for IL)
The Judgement on my record for this account is in process of being vacated as well, that's another thread.
This is the only info I have and used for the above post:
Capital One Services , LLC
Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0285
04-19-2013 03:36 AM
Nice work so far, keep at it!
04-19-2013 08:48 AM
Congrats!!! who did you contact from Capital One? Pm me please im working with Cap 1 now too cant find success though
04-19-2013 09:33 AM
I would like to know who you mailed it to also please, I've sent them letters but no luck.
04-19-2013 05:50 PM
04-19-2013 05:52 PM
WOW! Congrats! I would like to know what email as well. I have been told no a couple of times now as well.
04-20-2013 09:01 AM
04-20-2013 09:39 AM
Congrats!! Job Well Done!!! I need to work with them 1 of mine deleted as well. Will you please PM me the contact info as well? I am trying to get my cleaned up so I can purchase my 1st home EVER, for me and my children.
Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more
FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.