04-18-2013 10:57 PM - edited 10-07-2013 09:04 PM
Long Success story short:
-Fell behind on payments on a Capital One card in 2007.
-I was served in 2009,
-Won Judgment against me (I was a no show, mixed up court dates)
-Garnished my wages,
-10 months later, it was paid off on June 2010.
April 9th 2013
Searched this forum and found several GW letters that matched true to my situation and spliced them together. Sent a Goodwill letter stating:
1. My deepest regret for falling behind
2. Gave my reasoning that I was currently separated and involved in preliminary divorce proceedings and had 2 household to financially take care of.
3. Recognized my responsibility and have been up to date with current accounts ever since.
4. Was trying to get better interest rate on a mortgage, but this negative mark kept me from accomplishing that.
5. Requested kindly an "adjustment" to the credit bureaus.
6. Thanked them for the consideration they've given my current situation.
10 days later, (yes 10 days)
Alert from myFico, account was deleted from all 3 CRA's! Unfortunately since this was my 2nd to oldest account, score did not go up, but it's off my record 1 year earlier than it should have been. (7 years for IL)
The Judgement on my record for this account is in process of being vacated as well, that's another thread.
This is the only info I have and used for the above post:
Capital One Services , LLC
Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0285
04-19-2013 03:36 AM
Nice work so far, keep at it!
04-19-2013 08:48 AM
Congrats!!! who did you contact from Capital One? Pm me please im working with Cap 1 now too cant find success though
04-19-2013 09:33 AM
I would like to know who you mailed it to also please, I've sent them letters but no luck.
04-19-2013 05:50 PM
04-19-2013 05:52 PM
WOW! Congrats! I would like to know what email as well. I have been told no a couple of times now as well.
04-20-2013 09:01 AM
04-20-2013 09:39 AM
Congrats!! Job Well Done!!! I need to work with them 1 of mine deleted as well. Will you please PM me the contact info as well? I am trying to get my cleaned up so I can purchase my 1st home EVER, for me and my children.
myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.>> About myFICO