Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodwill letter to Comenity/VS

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Goodwill letter to Comenity/VS

I have an account with Victoria secret and have had my
First late payment ever posted to my credit score that dropped my score 50 points! This is the first negative anything on my credit report and it is devastating. It was an oversight on my part and sincerely thought my payment went through but I had a returned check. I didn't check the account and didn't receive any phone calls so I assumed it went through. I want to send a goodwill letter to them and was wondering what the best place to send it is? I would love to be able to get in contact with the CEO directly. Should the GW letter be personal or short and sweet and all business? Has anyone had success and where have you sent the letter/how many attempts did it take? I really need help as I was planning on buying my first house later this year but won't be able to with this tank in my score. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Goodwill letter to Comenity/VS

Also, as soon as I saw this on my credit report I paid off the account in full and am sitting at a $0 balance as a sign of good faith.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe there was a thread recently where someone had good results with a goodwill and late payment for VS.  If you use the search feature that should bring it up.  

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've looked through all the threads, I'm trying to find a good address, hopefully the CEO. If anyone can help me out I'd be greatly appreciated!
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any follow up information on this? I would be interested in the address myself. My wife's parents were getting the mail for this card and they didn't tell her she had a balance. It showed up 30 days late on her CR and I immediately PIF. Would need to write goodwill letter for same reason.

Message 5 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
I've looked through all the threads, I'm trying to find a good address, hopefully the CEO. If anyone can help me out I'd be greatly appreciated!

http://www.bloomberg.com/profiles/companies/27882Z:US-comenity-bank

http://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/people.asp?privcapid=36704

Message 6 of 10
Studio90x
Contributor

Call the VS customer service. I had recent luck with only talking to the CSR and the 30 day late was removed within 2 weeks after my call. Ask for removal as a one time courtesy.
EQ8 - 696 TU8 - 700 EX8 - 683
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same boat, except for the address issue. Sitting at $0 balance after 1 single missed payment in the fall. Called today to request one-time courtesy. No dice.  Rep said that I didn't have a valid reason, but stopped short of telling me what that valid reason would be. I'm going to do a written GW request next.

Message 8 of 10
Studio90x
Contributor

I told the rep I had been working 13-14 hour shifts for 2 months straight that I had forgotten about the bill and he put in the request for deletion. I would call again to get a different rep who will push it through.

I now put in permanent reminders on my calendar in my phone of all the dates of CC bills due and statement cut off.
EQ8 - 696 TU8 - 700 EX8 - 683
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello to all, I would like to post that I have had success just by calling in. ITS ALL ABOUT TALKING TO THE RIGHT PERSON. I had to call about five times total on separate occasions. The last time I called I expressed that I was trying to buy my first home and the late status dropped my score 50 points, the lady put me on hold and came back and told me that she would remove this one time only. My credit score has since recovered the 50 points. When you call some people will say there is absolutely nothing that they can do and this is FALSE. If you call and get told no, give it a week and call again. Express that it is indeed your fault and you are admitting to that (if it's the case) and eventually someone WILL help you out. Stay persistent. And I wish you all the best!
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.