cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodwill letter to Vacate a Judgement worked!!

tag
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Goodwill letter to Vacate a Judgement worked!!

I was just starting to lose hope and today, I received a phone call from the OC (Apartment complex) that won a default judgement against me 12/2011 for $2400 plus 6% interest and $70 court fees. I also have a CA for $4800 on my CR for the judgement. So on 10/16 I settled with FCO for $3100, they refused PFD....I figured I would GW them forever and work on getting the judgement vacated. 

Back to the phone call....the office manager called to say she got my letter, spoke to their attorney and they would agree to my motion to set aside as soon as they received it. She also told me to come by the office to pick up a copy of the judgement satisfaction....said she was so happy that I was trying to purchase my first home.

I had never met this woman in my life, she made me promise I would e-mail her pictures of the house I get. Awesome. 

Soooooo, don't give up on the GW letter writing. It takes patience, but what can it hurt??

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
buildafico
Frequent Contributor

Re: Goodwill letter to Vacate a Judgement worked!!

Wow! That's awesome. Congrats on that.
some textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome text>some text
Message 2 of 27
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

That's incredible Congrats !

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 27
themizlyne
Regular Contributor

Yippee!
Message 4 of 27
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Message 5 of 27
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congarts on a successful GW 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 6 of 27
AutumnH
New Contributor

Congratulations!! Can you pm me exactly how you did this? I'm trying to get a paid judgement removed! I picked up the letter yesterday saying it was satisfied as of 2008. I really don't know who to contact next because I've been disputing it with no luck! Can you please help me?
Chapter 7 Discharged June 2015

Trying to rebuild
Message 7 of 27
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 8 of 27
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Thanks for all the support everyone!! I went to the court clerk to file a motion to set aside a default judgement.....court date is set for 11/15 at 9:30am. I was told that it probably won't even go to court if the OC atty agrees with the motion. I was already told that they had...so really it is just waiting again. Once this is gone, I won't have anymore public records on my CR!!! Crazy thing is, it is not on Experian at all. After I get it removed, I am going to work on the CA tradeline that is listed for the same bill. 

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 9 of 27
MoreInfo1
Regular Contributor

Yay! That's great news!
Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.