Valued Contributor

Goodwill letter to Vacate a Judgement worked!!

I was just starting to lose hope and today, I received a phone call from the OC (Apartment complex) that won a default judgement against me 12/2011 for $2400 plus 6% interest and $70 court fees. I also have a CA for $4800 on my CR for the judgement. So on 10/16 I settled with FCO for $3100, they refused PFD....I figured I would GW them forever and work on getting the judgement vacated. 

Back to the phone call....the office manager called to say she got my letter, spoke to their attorney and they would agree to my motion to set aside as soon as they received it. She also told me to come by the office to pick up a copy of the judgement satisfaction....said she was so happy that I was trying to purchase my first home.

I had never met this woman in my life, she made me promise I would e-mail her pictures of the house I get. Awesome. 

Soooooo, don't give up on the GW letter writing. It takes patience, but what can it hurt??

Starting Score: May 2013 EQ: 577 TU: 537 EX: 555
Current Score: EQ: 600 TU: 644 EX: ??
Goal Score: ALL 720+

In the Garden Until August 2015 Last App Sept 2014
border="0"Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor

Re: Goodwill letter to Vacate a Judgement worked!!

Wow! That's awesome. Congrats on that.
some textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome text>some text
Mega Contributor

That's incredible Congrats !

Regular Contributor

Yippee!
Senior Contributor

Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Congarts on a successful GW 

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/13

Valued Member

Congratulations!! Can you pm me exactly how you did this? I'm trying to get a paid judgement removed! I picked up the letter yesterday saying it was satisfied as of 2008. I really don't know who to contact next because I've been disputing it with no luck! Can you please help me?

EQ-635 - 11/14/13
TU 08--711-12/2/13
TU 04--656-11/27/13

Barclay $1500 Capital 1 Visa $100 Capital1-MC $930, Dillard's $1060, Target--$0

Goal~~720

Valued Contributor

Thanks for all the support everyone!! I went to the court clerk to file a motion to set aside a default judgement.....court date is set for 11/15 at 9:30am. I was told that it probably won't even go to court if the OC atty agrees with the motion. I was already told that they had...so really it is just waiting again. Once this is gone, I won't have anymore public records on my CR!!! Crazy thing is, it is not on Experian at all. After I get it removed, I am going to work on the CA tradeline that is listed for the same bill. 

Starting Score: May 2013 EQ: 577 TU: 537 EX: 555
Current Score: EQ: 600 TU: 644 EX: ??
Goal Score: ALL 720+

In the Garden Until August 2015 Last App Sept 2014
border="0"Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Contributor

Yay! That's great news!

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions based on Experian or Equifax data (additional FICO® Score versions based on TransUnion data are not currently available on myFICO.com). Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.