guiness56

Re: Goodwill letter to Vacate a Judgement worked!!

If your state does not allow for vacating a satisfied judgment in their statutes, I suggest writing a GW letter to the courts.

Valued Contributor
newmomnewme

UPDATE- I filed the motion to vacate 11/5...went to court 11/15. Sent court docs to CRAs 11/19...Judgment gone from TU! Just waiting for EQ now....Yay!!!

Starting Score: May 2013 EQ: 577 TU: 537 EX: 555
Current Score: EQ: 711 TU: 666 EX: 671
Goal Score: ALL 720+

In the Garden Until August 2014 Last App Feb 2014
border="0"Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Senior Contributor
alvon123

[ Edited ]
great job!!!

InNeedOfGreatCredit

I know this is an old subject but I'm hoping someone will read it.  I do have a satisfied judgement I'm trying to get off my credit report.  I did call the court and was told that they have never done a vacating of a satisfied judgement and that I should probably contact an attourney. Before she told me this she told me, "Well I think the credit bureas would just need to see that it's paid to take it off."  HaHa.  If it were that easy I wouldn't be calling her.  I told her that no, they do have it as satisfied but I want it completely off.  She of course still assumed that all they need is a paper stating it is "satisfied" to take it off.  Do I need to contact a lawyer?  Should I try the creditor who filed it?  I've heard of GW letters to the court, but what would I say? Basically the court says I just need "a paper that says it's satisfied to take it off" and the CB obviously needs something else but what? Do you think a GW letter to the court then would help?  Has anyone tried this and had any luck?  I'm sorry, I'm new and I hope I'm doing this right. Thank you.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+