cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodwill letter...write to Kohls or Capitol One?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Goodwill letter...write to Kohls or Capitol One?

All,

I am in the same situation. I have a clean history except for one late payment for Kohls in Oct 2010. Their email statement landed up in the Junk folder. I believe the Kohls cards were funded by Chase in 2010.

Catville & Honky, I would sincererly appreciate if you post the results of your good will letter / email.

Thanks.

Message 11 of 15
honky
Regular Contributor

Just got a response in the mail today saying their records were accurate and it would undermine the system by deleting my 30 day late.

Im going to send them a letter and another email...in fact, I will email them every day until it gets changed!  Ill send them so many it costs them enough in postage to reconsider  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 580 2/03/12
Current Score: 810 EQ // 829 TU(Walmart)
Goal Score: Achieved!

Wallet: Citi Forward(13.5k), Ink plus(18k), CSP(13.5k), Freedom(6k), BoA123(13k), Alliant CU(5k), Walmart(2k), Kohls(1.4k), QuickSIlver(7.5k) Amex Simplycash Business(46.5k)
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seeing as they're the ones that mishandled my payment, not me, how do I start (I know, messy & expensive) arbitration?  Because this one thing lowered my score by almost 100 points overnight, and cost me a chance at the house I wanted by raising the mortgage rate over 1.2%.  For one 30 day late and no other negatives whatsoever.  If I WAIT a few years, it won't matter, but it will still be there.  The house won't, though.

Message 13 of 15
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

That is why we have judges.... to make findings of fact.  The administrative dispute process does not arbitrate dispute of facts.  They have verified.... you disagree......

Small claims court.

Message 14 of 15
Nebstrop

I have the same issue, score dropped ~70 pts for a $17 (17!!!) balance missed for 30 days.  They rejected my request by phone (sent a letter back), so now I'll try the paper route.  The only address I see in Contact Us is below, is that the one you all used?  Did anyone have goodwill success with them?

Kohl's Payment Center 
PO Box 2983 
Milwaukee, WI 53201-2983

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.