Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodwill letters/automatic payment arragnements to get late payments removed

tag
sysadmin74
New Visitor

Goodwill letters/automatic payment arragnements to get late payments removed

Has anyone had success with either sending goodwill letters or setting up automatic payments with Macy's American Express and Navy Federal Credit Union in an attempt to get late payments removed?  I hit a tough spot last year and missed 1 payment each with those creditors.  I got caught up on those payments last year and I haven't had a problem since.  I've tried sending goodwill letters to both creditors and I received a reply that they can't adjust it unless it was a mistake on their end.  I don't remember exactly to whom I sent the letter, but I believe it was to the credit department of each creditor.  Macy's American Express informed me today that they can't remove a late payment even if I agreed to automatic payments or if I paid the account in full.  I haven't contacted NFCU abou this yet.  Please let me know if anyone has had success with either or both of these creditors in getting late payments removed from a credit report.  Thank you in advance for any assistance or advice provided to me.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Goodwill letters/automatic payment arragnements to get late payments removed

Hello.

Good luck with getting the negatives removed!

Don't forget that the more the negatives age, less impact they will have on your FICO score.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.