Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodwill letters

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Goodwill letters

I am currently trying to rebuild my credit which tanked in 2014. I have settled all my charged off accounts, 6 of which were with Synchrony. I am goint to send a goodwill letter to see if they will delete.

Should I send 6 different letters, one for each account, or can I send one to the Synchrony CEO?

Do they usually respond to goodwill requests?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Goodwill letters

Welcome to the forums.

You should send them to each creditor.  As for how they respond, it is a YMMV thing.  Good luck. 

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have never got a response in the mail but I have had accounts updated and removed through goodwill letters also sum negotiations. I have had to send the letters pretty regularly, it just takes the right person at the right time to open the letter, read it and actually want to help. Stick with it, keep sending them. Best of luck 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the response! What is YMMV?

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

On a different note...my credit scores went up significantly over the past few months. Starting scores were 518 Exp 526 Eq and 589 TU. I settled 3 collections, 2 were removed and one is still showing but with 0 balance. I also settled 4 charge offs and they are all showing partial payments after 6 weeks. 

My current scores are considerably higher, 606 Ex 636 Eq and 665 TU. Credit karma has 710! Would I be able to get approved for credit cards at this point? Should I wait until charge offs report 0 balance? I have a Cap1 secured $700 limit/, Surge $500, Kohls $700, Overstock $900 and Fingerhut $1850. My usage is 43%

what do I do for next steps?

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check out this thread:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/The-Saturation-Technique-Best-GW-adjustment-o...

I recommend the above method if you're trying to get the best results with GW letters.  I've had success with it, with Synchrony as well in fact on 2 different accounts.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.