cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodwill on Chase Mortgage--Has anyone had success with 90 + day lates and GW ANY ADVICE?

tag
chyguy71
Valued Member

Goodwill on Chase Mortgage--Has anyone had success with 90 + day lates and GW ANY ADVICE?

I had two bad spells on my chase mortgage a few years ago.  I paid in full 3 year ago (in June) after one 120 day late and one 150 day late.

I wrote chase EO and they said they could do nothing.  HAVE ANY OF YOU GOTTEN A GW DELETION FOR SO SEVERE A LATE?

This loan was a subprime loan that Chase acquired.  The ended up paying me $1000 because of mismanagement of pre-foreclosure loans.  I don't imagine there's any leverage here from that, but I don't know what else to do.

In June it'll be 3  years--meaning 4 more years til this deletes.  I really want to get a mortage in the next year but am afraid that this might kill me.

ANY THOUGHTS?

Starting Score: Equifax my FICO 668 Transunion Vantage 717 Experian 657 Plus Score
Current Score: Equifax my FICO 668 Transunion Vantage 648 Experian 667 Plus Score

Switch to Plus Scores Oct 11 13: Equifax 667 Transunion 631 Experian 667 (2010 Scores were all approx 600!)
Current myfico 8 FICO Scores August 15 wr 2015: Equifax 746 Transunion 748 Experian 708
Goal Score: 760 by June 30, 2016

\
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Goodwill on Chase Mortgage--Has anyone had success with 90 + day lates and GW ANY ADVICE?

If you have been current since then and you are not underwater I would not worry about it, you will most likely be able to get pre-app for a mortgage next year.

Message 2 of 4
chyguy71
Valued Member

Re: Goodwill on Chase Mortgage--Has anyone had success with 90 + day lates and GW ANY ADVICE?

I paid off the mortage 6/30/11 in full.  i haven't had any lates on any cards since then and have brought my score up.  I really just want to get my FICO over 720 and this seems like a huge impediment to doing that.

Starting Score: Equifax my FICO 668 Transunion Vantage 717 Experian 657 Plus Score
Current Score: Equifax my FICO 668 Transunion Vantage 648 Experian 667 Plus Score

Switch to Plus Scores Oct 11 13: Equifax 667 Transunion 631 Experian 667 (2010 Scores were all approx 600!)
Current myfico 8 FICO Scores August 15 wr 2015: Equifax 746 Transunion 748 Experian 708
Goal Score: 760 by June 30, 2016

\
Message 3 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@chyguy71 wrote:

I paid off the mortage 6/30/11 in full.  i haven't had any lates on any cards since then and have brought my score up.  I really just want to get my FICO over 720 and this seems like a huge impediment to doing that.

Oh ok, well the fact that you paid it off speaks volumes to your character on manual review.  I would continue GW every 3 months, wont hurt to keep trying. I still think you wont have too much of a problem getting a new mortgage. The older it gets the less of an impact it will have.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.