cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodwill request to CCS Collections...success? Let's hope!

tag
c4sp14nx
Valued Member

Goodwill request to CCS Collections...success? Let's hope!

Short back story: I ran into serious credit/financial issues for a several-year period beginning in 2006. One of the casualties was my SunTrust Bank checking account, which I overdrafted (owing $311); the bank ultimately closed the account and sent it to collections. I paid the account off (in full) to the CA, CCS Collections, in April of this year, but did not negotiate a PFD. I'm now trying hard to repair my credit, and sent the following goodwill letter to the President of CCS Collections:

Dear Mod Cut:

Quite a few years back, I was a customer of SunTrust bank. Starting mid-2006, life tossed a couple of curve balls my way and I struck out in grandiose fashion; I made several poor financial decisions, with one of the resultant issues being that I overdrafted my SunTrust checking account, and the account was closed and subsequently sent to collections. The entire time period is one that I wish I could simply travel back in time and re-do, as I had no idea at the time how far into the future I would continue paying for the bad decisions I was making. Hindsight is, as always, 20/20.
Eventually, that old SunTrust account was acquired by your company, and was paid (in full) by me earlier this year. In the interim between the time I overdrafted my checking account and the time I made payment to you, I have been working two jobs in order to make right by all of my old creditors. In addition, I have not been so much as tardy on a single payment to new creditors for the duration of that time period. I am diligently working now to get my financial house in order, and the lessons of spending so many years with terrible credit is not one I will ever forget (as cliche as that sounds, I think it takes having had one's credit hit rock bottom to truly appreciate the extent to which a credit rating can impact so many facets of your life: from job opportunities to living accommodations, and everything in-between).
The reason I am writing is to ask if you might consider a goodwill deletion of those old trade lines from my credit report? I completely understand that you are under no obligation to do any such thing, but hope you might agree that I have learned my lesson and thus see my punishment as served. It would mean an especially great deal to me, as my wife and I are working very hard to buy our first home, but my credit scores are coming up just shy of qualifying--this goodwill move on your part would, in all likelihood, be all it would take. If you are willing to give my request consideration, the information I have on that old account is as follows:

Account Name: CREDIT CONTROL SERVICE/CCS COLLECTIONS
Account Number: 615XXXX
Date Opened: 04/01/2011
High Credit: $311
Balance: $0
Date Reported:
Payment Status: PAID, was a collection account

Again, I understand that the situation I am in is a result of my own doing, but I sure would appreciate a helping hand. Whatever your decision, I thank you sincerely for your time and wish you the happiest of holiday seasons.

Sincerely,

Mod cut

To my great surprise, he emailed me back within 6 minutes!:

I’m touched by your message and will investigate.

SS

Mod Cut

President

CCS Corporate Headquarters

Two Wells Avenue, Newton, MA 02459

Mod Cut  -  Edited to remove personal information.  guiness56, myFICO Moderator.

Now, that's certainly no guarantee of success -- but it sounds promising! It sure would be a great help if this came off, too. I'll update this thread if anything else transpires.

For now...I'm just happy to have gotten a promising response. Smiley LOL

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
MingleJill
Established Member

Re: Goodwill request to CCS Collections...success? Let's hope!

Great letter! Good luck!

Starting Score Fakos Nov' 13: 570 EX, 567 EQ, 553 TU
Feb '14:: 647 FICO '08 Ex, 584 EQ fako, 614 TU (walmart)
Judgement vacated Jan '14. Working on the Repo and 6 more baddies!

**Had 1 $300 card in Nov '13. Now have $10k NFCU Visa! **
Message 2 of 9
c4sp14nx
Valued Member

A quick follow-up: I received a call from CCS at 1:51PM (approximately 3 hours after first sending my goodwill requst) to let me know that they have already requested removal of their trade line information from all of my reports, and will be mailing me a letter stating as much that I should be receiving in 5-7 days! What a tremendous and very welcome surprise that they helped me out on this, not to mention so very quickly!

Message 3 of 9
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@c4sp14nx wrote:

A quick follow-up: I received a call from CCS at 1:51PM (approximately 3 hours after first sending my goodwill requst) to let me know that they have already requested removal of their trade line information from all of my reports, and will be mailing me a letter stating as much that I should be receiving in 5-7 days! What a tremendous and very welcome surprise that they helped me out on this, not to mention so very quickly!

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 4 of 9
Swifterz
Established Member

That is a great letter!! Congrats on getting the deletion. 

Message 5 of 9
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

That is exactly how GW is done!   Your letter to them was great!  Congratulations on GW success!

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 6 of 9
jrz123
Valued Member

Awesome .. can you provide the email address for the President of CCS? Thanks

Starting Score: EQ:630 TU:682 June 2012
Current: EQ:830
Goal: reached
Message 7 of 9
awilling
New Visitor

Just call in. I did and PIF the balance. It was deleted from all of my CR in 5-7 days

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the success. Would you be willing to share the email address and person that you contacted?? PM if so and thank you very much. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.