Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodwill resulting in closed account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Goodwill resulting in closed account

Good day all, 

Quick question for any experts out there. I sent a goodwill letter to walmart about one late payment I had with them. All other payments on time and reporting on time for over a year. Goodwill went out early this week and today I receive an update on my credit report that my walmart card was closed "By Credit Grantor". I was like what the heck. My credit score even went up 19 points. Wierd. I then go to log on my walmart account and received this red message "This account has been closed. No further purchases will be allowed. Continue to make payments until your balance is paid in full."

I called customer service and they are clueless of what i'm talking about as they are indicating the account is still open per the systems they are looking at and see no issues with my account. 

Has anyone had a simular situation or do you think this is part of the workflow to work on my goodwill letter. Confusing.

Thank you for any in-sight you may have

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Goodwill resulting in closed account

The exact letter sent to walmart is as follows: 

To Whom It May Concern:

I have been a Syncb / Walmart customer since 2016 and during that time, I have enjoyed my experience with Syncb / Walmart greatly. I am writing to see if you would be willing to make a "goodwill" adjustment to your reporting to the three credit agencies. I have one late payment on the above referenced account that date back to June 2017. Since that time I have been an exceptional customer paying every month on time.

Because of my exceptional payment history over the last 2 years, I would like you to consider removing the negative payment from my credit report. At the time of the late payment, I was in the process of changing jobs. I say that not to justify why the payment was late, but rather to show that one late payment is not a good indicator of my actual credit worthiness. I hope that Syncb / Walmart is willing to work with me on erasing this mark from my credit reports.

I have been a very happy customer in the past and hope to continue a long relationship with Syncb / Walmart. With today’s credit industry so competitive, I know how important it is to maintain good relationships with customers. Syncb / Walmart has been exceptional in my book so far and I highly recommend it to all my friends and relatives. I hope that you will deeply consider my request and prove once again, why Syncb / Walmart is heads above the rest. I look forward to your reply.

Best Regards,

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.