cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodwill success with AFNI, I think...

tag
Cool_Breeze

Goodwill success with AFNI, I think...

Long time lurker, but just want to share my experiences.  Had a Collection from AT&T that went to ANFI in 2011.  I had paid AT&T directly, but it still showed up as a paid collection to ANFI on my report.  I decided to start writing goodwill emails to their recovery team email address on their website.  The first email was sent 8/15/2015.  I got the standard response staing that they report correct info to the bureau, the ones so many others recieve.  I made to further email attempts spaced a week apart, with no response from AFNI.  Yesterday I recieved an monitoring alert from myFico showing this months balance from my credit cards, but it also showed my scored jumped up 73 points!  AFNI was the only derog I had on my reports.  I pulled a new 3B from myFico, and sure enough, AFNI dropped from Equifax.  Experion and TransUnion still show it though.  I went to annual credit reports and pulled my free TU (my Eq & Exp was pulled in May, so have to wait a year there) and it showed that the AFNI collection will remove on 11/2015 (CA usually stay 7 years right?).  I am now just curious as to when Experian will drop it, since I can't get another free report until May 2016.  Anyone have any experience on how long it takes?

Also, if your down about your score, don't give up.  Good Will letters do work.  Thanks to all on this form who post their experiences, and have provided me with a great education on rebuilding.  I am now well into the 700 club, at least with Equifax...

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.