cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodwill success with Wells Fargo Financial?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Goodwill success with Wells Fargo Financial?

I've got 3 baddies that are really eating away at me that I've been trying to eliminate via goodwill letters.  Several years ago I financed furniture through Bob's and they use Wells Fargo Financial.  It was only ~$1500 with 1 year no interest.  Minimum monthly payment was $54 and every month I paid $200, $350, $450 etc.  Ended up paying it off (so I thought) in 6 payments and was never late on any of them of course.  Months later I get a letter in the mail that I owed $2.93.  I thought that was odd, but I promptly paid the minor amount.  Fast forward 6 months, I look at my credit report and see a 30, 60 and 90 day late payment for that $2.93 that I never even knew existed!  Sent a bunch of GW letters, had 1 person from the executive suite call me back and she said she went down 3 different avenues trying to get them removed for me but there was nothing they could do as the information they reported was accurate.  The usual song and dance.  I called up CS and got some random guy on the phone, explained my story to him and he said he thought it was ridiculous I had 3 baddies on there for $2.93 and that he was immediately submitting a request to have them removed and that someone would contact me in 7-10 business days about it.  Hopefully the same person that contacted me the first time doesn't call me this next time.  Anyway, I'm basically writing to see if anyone had goodwill success with Wells Fargo Financial in the past, and if so what avenue you went down to achieve success.  If anyone could provide me with a name/number, mailing address, email address, anything that they feel could be a positive lead considering my situation it would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you very much! 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Goodwill success with Wells Fargo Financial?

No contacts for you but I truly wish you luck.  WFF is usually really firm on reporting. I've got a 90 day caused by divorce, ex & my stupidity Smiley Happy that's been haunting me for 6.5 years.  I was told the best I can hope for is that .maybe. the 90 day will drop of when the 30 day does in four more months.

For you to be on the hook for $2.93 is beyond ridiculous.

Do you have documentation on all this?  I think it would be a good case to submit to the CFPB - they may be able to help.

Message 2 of 7
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

Reminds me of the story my friend told me about her $6 parking ticket that she forgot about that went to collections.

A complete crock...

Good luck OP.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only documentation I have really is my credit report as I made all of my payments online back when the account was open.  Technically it WAS my fault as I somehow slightly shorted my last payment.  Not sure how I managed to ignorantly do that, but on the final month on my credit report it shows the balance of the account to be $232, my minimum payment was $54 and it says I paid $230.  Then the following 4 months on the credit report it shows $2 ... $2... $2... $2... as the payment due, which I didn't know about and of course didn't pay so the final three months were "lates" 30, 60, 90 for that amount. 

I completely get it that it was my mistake and all, but I think any human being looking at the account can see when I'm paying on time 4-8x the monthly required payment that this was obviously an oversight that shouldn't severely impact my credit worthiness.  The last guy I spoke to from CS on the phone called it a "short payoff" in his notes that he submitted which basically means I accidentally shorted the final payoff amount.  What I also find frustrating is that I never received anything informing me about the short payoff.  A letter, call, email, something would have been nice before it got to the point of almost going to collections over $2.93.  I guess that's one of the downfalls of doing things online, you sort of give up that paper trail.  

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not usually one to bring old threads back to life, but in the event that there are any new eyes on this that have achieved Wells Fargo goodwill it would be great to hear from you.

Message 5 of 7
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I assume you haven't made any progress from your initial post?

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RM21 wrote:
I assume you haven't made any progress from your initial post?

No Sir, just more of the same.  Sent my second email to the CEO today and am planning to send a 4th round of GW letters out in early June.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.