cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodwill to Citibank. Anyone have luck before?

tag
clemente21
Valued Member

Goodwill to Citibank. Anyone have luck before?

I've been trying to Goodwill Citibank since last June.  Still no luck.  Trying to get some lates deleted on my Citi Platinum Mastercard.  Keep getting the same ole jargon "we are reporting how the account was maintained, blah, blah". 

I got a response today from the Office of The President.  They said no, but the letter was on very nice stationary (others were on regular paper), so I must be starting to find some high ups.

Anyone ever have any luck with Citi and wouldn't mind PMing me a contact?

2/18/2010 - EQ: ??? TU: ??? EX: 509 (pulled by employer)
2/10/2011 - EQ: 586 TU: 601 EX: 549 (FAKO)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
clemente21
Valued Member

Re: Goodwill to Citibank. Anyone have luck before?

Oh and forgot to add, I've tried every address I could find on these forums.  I even started e-mailing executives.  Still no dice.

Message 2 of 4
MBOhio2
Established Contributor

I actually did have luck getting some Citi (student loans) lates removed, but not through GWs. When I first started my "credit repair" journey, I went on an over-zealous spree of disputing all negative items on my CR through the CBs (before I realized that wasn't a great strategy). At that time, I had been current on my Citi loans for about 12 months, so I'm not sure if Citi just failed to verify or if they decided to delete as a sort of informal GW. Anyway, as a result, a handful of lates were removed.

I'm not recommending you dispute in this way, but I'm suggesting that Citi has removed lates for me so I wouldn't think that your GWs are doomed to fail. All I can say is, keep trying! I recently got a successful GW removal after sending letters and emails for 10 months so sometimes it's worth it to just keep sending them and ignore the nos.

Mid-2010 Starting Scores: FAKO EQ 476 FAKO EX 506 FICO TU98 575
July 2017 Current Scores: Approx 710 (waiting for official updates)
Message 3 of 4
clemente21
Valued Member

That's good news anyways.  I still have a nice balance with them, about $2,500 and they closed the account.  I don't have much leverage, but I'm laying it on thick with them.  Just hoping that someone reads it and tries to help me out.  I just keep rewriting and resending.  Hopefully they delete for me!  I have some 120 days from 2009 that are hauling my score down!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.