Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodwill to remove late payments with Mohela and ACS

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Goodwill to remove late payments with Mohela and ACS

Hi,

I would like to learn if anyone has had any recent success 2014/2015 getting late payments removed from their Loans with Mohela, ACS.

Who and How did they do it.

I have been learning about how to ask Loan Service Providers to remove old late payments by asking for Goodwill Favors to improve credit scores. These forums have been great! The only thing bringing my score down from what I can see are late payments I incurred in 2009 because I was not in the country and missed phsyically paying the bill as I just had graduated college, I was not on auto-pay as they were the first bills. Since then I've paid off most of them except one, which I will do soon.

Yesterday I had luck removing one with my university loan (direct loan from the University) that was already paid off. I called the Financial Aid office and they said dispute it with Equifax and we will agree with them to change it when the dispute form gets to us. The guy was nice enough to do it. 

But then I called Mohela and ACS and asked if it is possible for them to do this favor. Both said they can't change anything on my credit report.

Mohela- I have already paid off the loan and I spoke to 2 people, both said that they can't change anything. I explained that they have the ability to NOT REPORT. They said their guidelines regarding this issue don't allow them to change any correct information. One lady referred to her manager as well. Then the next lady said that if I could get some unknown group who manages student stafford loans- they could potentially look at it- I couldn't find any authority who overlooks stafford loans- does any one have any clue- I plan to call again and be persistent. But it seems like an internal decision to not help in this area. I think it's a shame for this to happen to students and that the Dept of Education should help in this area.

ACS- just flat out said no- it's not in their guidelines and we are familiar with this request and don't do it. It sounded like asking for goodwll favors has become a common thing and they just made an internal decision not too as they were familiar with the request.

I would really like to knock these late payments out! Any advice on emails, phone numbers or specific people within these organizations that have been helpful or other organizations that can help. I'm appreciative that they gave me my loans when I was student and I did repay most of it so I would love to move forward

I was planning to email the executive director of Mohela and ACS. Will update if anything comes from that.

Thank you

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Goodwill to remove late payments with Mohela and ACS

I've been trying with ACS for months. Especially since my lates were incurred because THEY refused to work with me when I started falling behind and wouldn't let me set up IBR. They're AWFUL.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Goodwill to remove late payments with Mohela and ACS

Any success with ACS removing late baddies?  If so, please PM me.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.