cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodwill tradeline deletion or goodwill adjustment for 2 30 day lates on closed WF Health Advantage

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Goodwill tradeline deletion or goodwill adjustment for 2 30 day lates on closed WF Health Advantage

My apologies if something like this has been covered elsewhere, but in looking through old threads couldn't seem to come to a conclusion.  I have a Wells Fargo Health Advantage card I opened in May of last year to pay some medical bills ($3600 limit, $2700 balance).  I was 30 days late on 2 separate months, I had called them to try and make arrangements, but was told by a manager there was nothing they could do.  Following the second 30 day late payment, the account was closed by the creditor in February, but not transferred to a CA.  I have been making on time payments towards it since.  

Am I better off requesting for the entire deletion of the tradeline once it is paid off or a goodwill adjustment for the 2 late payments?

A little extra info, I recently had a Cap1 goodwill adjustment for a 30 day late payment.  Once my report is updated, these 2 will be the only baddies on my report and the rest of my credit rebuild will be paying down debt.  If I do ask for a tradeline deletion, should I wait until it's paid off or close to being paid off?  Is there some other option I am not considering?  Any advice is appreciated.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Goodwill tradeline deletion or goodwill adjustment for 2 30 day lates on closed WF Health Advant

It depends upon whether or how the account may be helping or hurting under other scoring categories.

For example, is it older or younger than your current avg age of accounts, and thus helping or hurting your AAoA?

Since it is closed, then it will no longer be included in your % util scoring once paid off.

Since the card is only a year old, it would most likely be more helpful to have the entire account deleted.

Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Goodwill tradeline deletion or goodwill adjustment for 2 30 day lates on closed WF Health Advant

It depends upon whether or how the account may be helping or hurting under other scoring categories.

For example, is it older or younger than your current avg age of accounts, and thus helping or hurting your AAoA?

Since it is closed, then it will no longer be included in your % util scoring once paid off.

Since the card is only a year old, it would most likely be more helpful to have the entire account deleted.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the reply.  I feel it is likely hurting more than helping since I have accounts in better standing that are much older.  My oldest account is my Capital One card and it is 9 years old.  WF is definitely my youngest account.  Would your advice change if it takes me another year or so to pay off?  It has my lowest interest rate at 12.99%, so I have been focusing all my extra cash on paying down my higher interest cards.  

Edited to add AAoA is 5 years 5 months

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.