Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goofed on DV letters

tag
Shokk
Established Contributor

Goofed on DV letters

Sent 6 DV letters 10 days ago.  About 4 days before I should have since I've learned quite a bit more since then.

I live in the Great State of Texas, but hadn't discovered all of its wonderful consumer laws.  Therefore none of my DV letters referenced Texas law.  I'm guessing since its already been 10 days I should wait another 20 and see what happens, but they may have just tossed them in the trash with no reference to Texas laws.  Think I should resend now?  I know the credit repair process takes time, but now I've extended it.

Part 2:  Of the 6 sent, 4 were accepted and I have the return receipt via email.  2 have not, but arrived in the destination city on the 24th like the others.  One to an attorneys office in Houston and the other is Allied Interstate.  Are they allowed to refuse them?  Neither were PO boxes.

I don't know my start scores, but low 500s. 6/2013

2/19/15
EQ FAKO - 638
EX FICO - 665
TU FICO - 697
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
cookiebird
Frequent Contributor

Re: Goofed on DV letters

I did the EXACT same thing!!  I jumped the gun to get to work then read about Texas consumer laws that need referenced. I decided to wait it out and I actually got a repsonse from everyone except one so I didn't have to resend. Funny, the one I didn't get a response from is about 5 miles from my house. They are also my biggest collection at $544 so I decided to wait until I am done with the others and then attack that one.

I would give it some time and see if any of the reply. Then you could send another one referencing the Texas consumer laws.

last app 11/13/2013 gardening for at least a year
Message 2 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

The good thing about DVs and living in TX is it does not matter when you send the DV, they still are obligated to respond within 30 days.  If they don't, send another one referencing TX Finance code.

Message 3 of 4
Shokk
Established Contributor

Nice to know I'm not the only ding-dong!

Found out the letter sent to Allied Interstate is being returned as not deliverable.  They are not on my CR, but they are collecting for LVNV which is.  I sent a letter to LVNV as well, so I'm thinking I won't resend to Allied and just persue it with LVNV for now.

If the others do not respond, I'll resend the correct letters and go from there.

So far I've had one successful PFD and one CO removed from EX via dispute.

I don't know my start scores, but low 500s. 6/2013

2/19/15
EQ FAKO - 638
EX FICO - 665
TU FICO - 697
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.