Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got A Tax Lien Removed!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got A Tax Lien Removed!

I had a $130.00 tax warrant from back in 2007 from the state of Indiana.  I had no idea it was on there until I went to pull my CR a few years back.  I immediately paid it - thank goodness I paid it right after it was posted.

Anyhow, I figure that was lowering my score quite a bit - so I called up the County Clerk's office, explained to them my situation and what had happened with the tax lien (It was filed in another county, I moved, they couldn't find me to give me notice about it, blah blah blah) and the Clerk gave me a certified letter stating that the Lien has been removed from all county records and that it should be removed from my credit reports!

Any ieas on how much this will effect my score once it's off of there?

I intend to certify mail a copy of the certified letter from the Clerk's office along with a short letter to the two bureaus reporting it (TU & EQ) tomorrow.  I assume this is the correct way to do that?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Got A Tax Lien Removed!

Congrats! The damage of a PR can be substantial.

I'd give them a month to update each CR. If no update by then, then I'd consider a dispute if that letter said they'd delete.

Message 2 of 9
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

That is friggin' awesome!  As soon as I finish paying CA (next month) I'm going to try the same thing with them and see what I can do, thanks for the hope!

I suppose I might as well try the IRS too, when I'm done w/ them in Oct/Nov, but that seems entirely hopeless.

'Gratz again!

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone! 

I just faxed everything that they wanted, so we will wait and see what happens... I'll post the results to this thread after a few weeks.

KFish

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did a credit report refresh today and it looks like Experian has already removed the Paid Tax Lein from my credit report -- it's not even there anymore!  

TransUnion is showing it on there -- maybe they take a little longer to process, *crosses fingers*

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I did a credit report refresh today and it looks like Experian has already removed the Paid Tax Lein from my credit report -- it's not even there anymore!  

TransUnion is showing it on there -- maybe they take a little longer to process, *crosses fingers*

Yeppers - Experian's definitely the quickest of the CRA's to report.  And, at least for me, TU is usually the slowest - with Equifax somewhere in the middle.

Message 6 of 9
rinkgirl2
Valued Member

KurtisFish36 - I have a paid tax lien in Indiana from 2009 and was wondering if I could message you to find out more details on how you were able to get yours removed from your credit report.  Thanks!

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my tax lien withdrawn from EX and TU...still waiting on EQ. I disputed it, so hopefully, it'll show up on their radar screen soon.

The rise in your credit score won't be all that much. Ten points max. That's about what mine was, depending on the CRA.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm trying to get a $50 lien removed from my credit
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.