cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got Late Payments on HSBC Credit Cards??? Dispute It. (Might work for you too)

tag
Minks31
Established Member

Got Late Payments on HSBC Credit Cards??? Dispute It. (Might work for you too)

Hey All,

If you have late payments on any HSBC cards (Household, Orchard, Reward Zone Master Card, etc.) you might want to do a dispute to clear them up ASAP. As you should know, Capitol One has bought HSBC and I think they are not able to varify old history with HSBC. The reason I say this is because I had a old late payment on my Reward Zone Card that I wasn't 100% sure if it was legit, so I disputed it with equifax. Four days later, they updated my credit report and took away the late payment (which I than disputed with the other agencies, even though equifax would notify them too, and it cleared on the others).

I tried a dispute again with Household - I had two old 30 day late payments. I disputed with equifax and it was also cleared. I figured, maybe HSBC again made a mistake on my credit report, but I was shocked to see these cleared. And once again, it was cleared on the other two agencies.

I don't know if this is a glitch since the credit breaues check with Capitol One for HSBC history or what or maybe they were incorrect to begin with, but you might want to do a dispute to see what happens. It doesn't hurt to try. Let me know your results.

Good Luck!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Got Late Payments on HSBC Credit Cards??? Dispute It. (Might work for you too)

Were they inaccurately reporting?

What may have happened is when you disputed the account, the payment history was removed from scoring, which it should be.  Once the dispute is resolved, those will return if they were accurate late payments.

Message 2 of 12
Minks31
Established Member

Re: Got Late Payments on HSBC Credit Cards??? Dispute It. (Might work for you too)

The dispute was resolved. Both of these late payments were about 3 and a half years ago, so I wasn't 100% sure if it was inaccurate or not so I disided to dispute and get it varified. So I really don't know. But I was shocked when it happend with both accounts. But then again, maybe they were inaccurate, and I should of disputed it a long time ago.

Message 3 of 12
Karnage146
Contributor

What is the contact info for HSBC, or should i email capital one directly?

Message 4 of 12
samahok
Contributor

You may be on to something.  I contacted HSBC/Best Buy a number of times thru fax, phone, and snail mail asking them to verify a $7 delinquency showing up on my report from 2/2011.  They were never able to give me a clear answer as to how or why I was late.  I know that I made all of my payments on time, but I thought I may have over looked a finance charge or annual fee and didnt want to dispute it if it were actaully my fault.  I ended up disputing it yesterday and hopefully it comes back deleted.  I had a 90 day late of $7 and they ended up closing my account.  Its a shame bc that was my oldest revolving card and I did use it quite a bit before they closed it on me. 

Ill post if it ends up getting deleted.

Message 5 of 12
lost22
New Contributor

I tried a few months back as I have old c/o HSBC accounts. Cap 1 came back and said hsbc accounts are verified. There is incorrect info and I haven't been able to get anything removed. Just my experience... I emailed Cap 1 last week and still haven't heard back from them yet.
Message 6 of 12
Karnage146
Contributor

Wait so all HSBC accounts now belong to Capital One?

Message 7 of 12
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 8 of 12
Karnage146
Contributor

Just my luck.....now i dont only have GE accounts as baddies, now I have multiple capital one baddies too....i dont even know if they will delete one at this point let alone all....wow

Message 9 of 12
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Captial One purchased the entire HSBC U.S. credit card division last year. I believe all old HSBC are now converted and in Capital One's system. Altho I do not recommend disputing accurately reported information. For one it is against the TOS of myFICO. 2nd, if the lates are more than 2 yrs old (30 day) lates they are not impacting your Fico scores. However if they are 90+ than those will affect your score for nearly the entire 7 yrs.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.