Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got a 24 point bump on EQ due to baddie hitting 5 year mark

tag
IWOL
Established Contributor

Got a 24 point bump on EQ due to baddie hitting 5 year mark

I got a score alert a few days ago that my EQ went from 645 to 669. There were no changes on my report other than the fact that my CO from first premier hit 5 years.

it now says under positives "your last late payment was more than 5 years ago"

im wondering if most of the "hurt" from charge offs is gone after 5 years.  This is an unpaid charge off from First Premier. I'm getting dinged for the $454 balance on a $300 limit card.

After having no success in getting this removed I was considering paying it off so that it shows a zero balance but I'm not sure if that will hurt me more since it will then report as a recent charge off. Any thoughts on this? 

EQ shows it will be removed on 8/2015

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Pigeyex
Frequent Contributor

Re: Got a 24 point bump on EQ due to baddie hitting 5 year mark

@IWOL wrote:

I got a score alert a few days ago that my EQ went from 645 to 669. There were no changes on my report other than the fact that my CO from first premier hit 5 years.

it now says under positives "your last late payment was more than 5 years ago"

im wondering if most of the "hurt" from charge offs is gone after 5 years.  This is an unpaid charge off from First Premier. I'm getting dinged for the $454 balance on a $300 limit card.

After having no success in getting this removed I was considering paying it off so that it shows a zero balance but I'm not sure if that will hurt me more since it will then report as a recent charge off. Any thoughts on this? 

EQ shows it will be removed on 8/2015

What are your current scores?

I'd be inclined to leave it be, and only pay it off in and when an UW demands that all past-due balances are paid off before closing on a new loan or something.  I too have had a couple of old "sleeping dogs" come more current with their 30s/60s/90s/120s recently, and unless those are no worse than the previous "KD" designation, I think I may have hurt myself there.

Pigeye

2007 - 2010 low point: mid-500s

With the help of myFICO community, now: 714 EQ FICO

"At the end of every hard-earned day, people find some reason to believe." (Bruce Springsteen)
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.