cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got a $5k ER collections medical bill;setup payment pln, paid 1 installmnt $500. Help negotiate

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got a $5k ER collections medical bill;setup payment pln, paid 1 installmnt $500. Help negotiate

Hi All,
I have a $5000 ER collections medical bill. I've setup a payment plan and paid 1 installmnt $500. I missed one payment already. Please advise me on how to negotiate?

I believe the medical bill was too exorbitant as for a similar ER visit (I've gallstones and the pain is due to this) I went couple of years back with same health insurance, my bills were 1/3rd at a different hospital in a different state(both are in network hospitals). I noticed that they billed about $3000+ just for Catscan when it is around $500 for a regular Catscan visit.

While I was trying to negotiate with the hospital itself, without my knowledge, it went to a collection agency. I tried to negotiate with them also, but in vain. May be I didn't do well.

I paid 1 instllement of $500, missed the next installement already, 3rd is around the corner.

Please advise.

Thank you in advance,
Prashanth.
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.