Regular Contributor
GETNUMBERSUP

Got a Med Collection letter in the mail and it's past SOL I think

Got a medical collections letter in the mail the other day from a date of service 11/2004.  If I am not mistaken medical bills in NC are considered written contracts, which have a 3yr SOL.  It's for a small amount.  What should I do?  PFD?
Moderator Emeritus
HappyDays

Re: Got a Med Collection letter in the mail and it's past SOL I think

If you believe it is yours  YES  PFD    if they refuse  don't pay   yell    I have another letter you can send telling them that you know that you are past SOL.
Established Member
creditqueen

Hi,
I know this is an old post, but I'm having the same problem as the other person.  Do you have a letter that you can post. 
Thanks
Established Member
creditqueen

Hi,
Did you have success with this medical collection?  I'm in NC.  I'm in the same situation.

Frequent Contributor
adamseve

HappyDays,

Can you please post the letter you're referring to?  I have several medical collections that are past SOL and I'd love to get these baddies off my report.

Thanks.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+