cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got a call from Capital One re: GW Request

tag
artanis50

Got a call from Capital One re: GW Request

The other day, I had sent an email to Capital One (thanks to another member who PM'd me the address) with a goodwill request. I was 60 days late in Nov 2013.  Honestly, I had a good excuse (at least I think so).  I had just had a baby and was moving from MA to FL and honestly, just FORGOT to pay the bill.  Anyway, I honestly wasn't expecting to hear anything from them, especially since everything I've read about Capital One is that they don't often do anything with a GW request.  But last night, someone CALLED ME!  They just wanted a little clarification.  The woman said they'd be reviewing my request and call me in a few days to let me know of their decision. 

So please, FINGERS CROSSED FOR ME!!  I'm really hoping they remove it because it's one of few blemishes on my credit report.  I have another 30 day late with CHASE who I'm still waiting to hear from.  My balance on all credit cards is $0, and I have an auto loan and a home mortgage  - both which I've never been late on.  My oldest account is almost 7 years old.  If I can remove these lates I think I'll be in really good shape!!

Any idea how many points my score may change if I successfully get them removed?  Interested to hear your stories. 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
queen_britt2003
Contributor

Re: Got a call from Capital One re: GW Request

Yay!! I hope it works out for you.

Starting Scores (2012) - 545-600
Current Scores - FAKO CK (08.15.17) - TU 774, EQ 767
What's in My Wallet: CSP 10.9K CL, Walmart MasterCard 10,000, Discover IT Card CL 9000, BOA Cash Rewards 7500 CL, Tires Plus Card 2200, Discover Card (AU) CL 4000
(Gardening as of 8/15/17)

Message 2 of 10
LadyLeah
Contributor

Yes, if you email their executive office, you WILL get a call back. I've done it twice and both times I got calls back. 

Even if they don't move in your favor, they will at least respond. 

Best wishes for you! 

Starting Score: 529 EQ | 551 TU | 614 EX | 579 TU FAKO as of 1/12/14
Current Score: 621 EQ | ??? TU | 614 EX | 618 TU FAKO as of 6/23/14
Short Term Goal Score: 650 across the board by 12/31/14

Long Term Goal Score: 720+ across the board by 6/30/15

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 10
mariasoccermom11
Contributor

@artanis50 wrote:

The other day, I had sent an email to Capital One (thanks to another member who PM'd me the address) with a goodwill request. I was 60 days late in Nov 2013.  Honestly, I had a good excuse (at least I think so).  I had just had a baby and was moving from MA to FL and honestly, just FORGOT to pay the bill.  Anyway, I honestly wasn't expecting to hear anything from them, especially since everything I've read about Capital One is that they don't often do anything with a GW request.  But last night, someone CALLED ME!  They just wanted a little clarification.  The woman said they'd be reviewing my request and call me in a few days to let me know of their decision. 

So please, FINGERS CROSSED FOR ME!!  I'm really hoping they remove it because it's one of few blemishes on my credit report.  I have another 30 day late with CHASE who I'm still waiting to hear from.  My balance on all credit cards is $0, and I have an auto loan and a home mortgage  - both which I've never been late on.  My oldest account is almost 7 years old.  If I can remove these lates I think I'll be in really good shape!!

Any idea how many points my score may change if I successfully get them removed?  Interested to hear your stories. 

Thanks!

PLEASE PM me the email... Thank you for ur help 

Message 4 of 10
Eyisila
Frequent Contributor

If you could provide me the email also, it would be greatly appreciated!!!!

And fingers crossed for you!!!

Message 5 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@artanis50 wrote:

Thanks!

I hope you moved them enough in your direction, typically the only way to remove lates is if  you didnt receive your statement and this is not an excuse if you get them delivered online. As far as score it varies if this just happened as you say 5 months ago you can compare your scores between the 2 months if you dont have score from 5 months ago when it dropped it would be hard to speculate without knowing your entire credit profile.

Message 6 of 10
ziizii0978

Afternoon,

Could you please PM with the address also. I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Shani

Current Score: EQ FICO 494, TU 518, EX 501
Goal Score: All Scores 620+
Message 7 of 10
Jess21
Frequent Contributor

I would also like the email address please!!!!

Equifax: 676 (myfico) Experian: 683(myfico) TransUnion: 689 (Barclays)

Current Goal: 700
Message 8 of 10
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@Jess21 wrote:

I would also like the email address please!!!!

The email address on google is correct. However, contacting Cap1 through their Facebook is a sure way to get in touch with their EO. There are numerous threads on this and they ALL point towards using their FB for best results.

Message 9 of 10
CenturyChild
Frequent Contributor

+1 FB.   It does work!!!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.