Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got a deletion (disputed)- now a question

tag
pipergirl71
New Contributor

Got a deletion (disputed)- now a question

Hi all!

I disputed a medical collection that appeared this last weekend on my credit report.  I honestly believe this was put there in error.  My error was not contacting the original creditor.

HOWEVER, I disputed this item on Experian on Sunday, and must've gotten a super nice person, because it was deleted from EX within a couple hours.  WOOHOO

My question is this- I want to dispute on TU and EQ.  Should I/Can I mention that EX has deleted this item?  Would it help or hinder?

DH and I are planning on getting a mortgage next month, and this has dropped my middle score down to 676 (TU), and 680 is the cut-off line for that slightly better interest rate, so I'm really hoping to get this taken care of!  Those 4 points are making a difference!

Any other advice?  

Thanks, all!

~Erin

EQ 702
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Got a deletion (disputed)- now a question

Mentioning that EX deleted the account won't help or hinder.
Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Got a deletion (disputed)- now a question

The fact that it was removed from your EX report does not mean that the debt collector agreed that the disputed information could not be verified.

They may have simply deleted with one CRA, and will verify with the others.

If the debt collector made a positive determination that they accuracy of whatever you disputed could not be verified, and thus that deletion of the collection was required, they were required to report that finding to each CRA to which they had also reported the information.

However, if the deletion was not based on a clear finding that the accuracy could not be verified, then you will need to dispute with each CRA.

The finding in the EX dispute would only be relevant if the Notice of Results of Reinvestigation clearly stated that the reporting was agreed by the debt collector to be unverifiable, which is not usual.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.