cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got a letter back from TU, when to pull my credit..

tag
meehan22
Frequent Contributor

Got a letter back from TU, when to pull my credit..

Got a letter back from TU this week saying my 2 remaining judgements and tax lien was updated as satisified. The letter was marked Feb 25th. I want to be sure if I pull my report today and spend the money that i'll see the changes. I am guessing that since it came from Trans Union direct that it updates immedietely in their system for me to pull and see. But wanted to be sure. 

On a happy note, I paid off a tax lien last month (it was 6 years old). So on one hand I was happy that it was paid, on the other hand bummed that it'll be 7 years before it falls off. Trans Union gets my receipt saying the tax lien is paid and updates it as if I paid it off the month after it was entered?! So it should fall in a few months time. Wooo! They did the same with the judgements as well even though I just paid them off. They'd fall off later this year anyways but if I get my credit pulled for anything i think i'd be better for them to see it was paid off 6 years earlier than it actually did.   Smiley Happy 

If anyone could clarify for me if its good to go to pull my TU report on MyFico and see them changes, that'd be great. Thanks! 

Wallet: Chase $6,000 - Discover $1,500 - Walmart $2,200 - Voyage FCU $1,300 - Zales $2,300 - Elan Fin: $12,500(AU, reporting) - Chase $8,500 (AU, reporting) 1% UTL
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Got a letter back from TU, when to pull my credit..

Scores do not have a memory they are generated on info in the reports in the moment in time they are requested, if the info has updated a new score will be generated. For the paid tax lien if federal file form 12277 to have it withdrawn, if its another taxing entity see if they have a way to withdraw the lien.

Message 2 of 5
meehan22
Frequent Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

Scores do not have a memory they are generated on info in the reports in the moment in time they are requested, if the info has updated a new score will be generated. For the paid tax lien if federal file form 12277 to have it withdrawn, if its another taxing entity see if they have a way to withdraw the lien.

Glade6, I am not looking for a new score. I just want to see with my own eyes on my credit report that the updates have been done. The tax lien was state and in South Dakota no one I talk to, look online, anywhere has any idea on how to remove it and tell me it cant be done.  

I would just like to pull a new copy of my credit seeing the changes and to make sure that everything is satisfied as to what the letter from TU told me. My question is if TU updates something is it instant or should I wait, say 30 days, to pull it again to see the changes? 

Thanks! 
Casey

Wallet: Chase $6,000 - Discover $1,500 - Walmart $2,200 - Voyage FCU $1,300 - Zales $2,300 - Elan Fin: $12,500(AU, reporting) - Chase $8,500 (AU, reporting) 1% UTL
Message 3 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@meehan22 wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

Glade6, I am not looking for a new score. I just want to see with my own eyes on my credit report that the updates have been done. The tax lien was state and in South Dakota no one I talk to, look online, anywhere has any idea on how to remove it and tell me it cant be done.  

I would just like to pull a new copy of my credit seeing the changes and to make sure that everything is satisfied as to what the letter from TU told me. My question is if TU updates something is it instant or should I wait, say 30 days, to pull it again to see the changes? 

Thanks! 
Casey

Ok i misunderstood the question, I would give them 1 week to be sure even though it should be done if they say its been updated. On the lien withdrawl you might have success contacting the office that issued the lien by phone or in person.

Message 4 of 5
meehan22
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Gdale6. Smiley Happy I did get a CK notification on Tuesday saying there has been an update to my tax lien but nothing with the judgements. I'll give it a couple more days and pull another copy.  Just hate to spend the $15 and get a copy of something I already have, lol. Thanks for the insight! 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.