Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got a letter from Amex for Optima

tag
gibeon
Established Contributor

Re: Got a letter from Amex for Optima

@darwin_wins wrote:

17 new accounts? Damn! How did you get so many accounts? I assume your score is at least good if not excellent as you say. If I get application from Amex and if has any phone numbers, I will post them here in case you want to try. From what I know, there was no phone number, I think they just started calling realizing that this is their last 6 months before they can't collect it from me anymore. 

of course I was also looking for Optima but if this hadn't worked out I was going to pay them next year in Sept and hope that they approve new app. Good luck, may be by next year after you pay them you can just qualify. What's your score like if you don't mind.

Yeah, 17 (since February this year). I have gone a little overboard trying to rebuild. I should write a post about it. It would be 18 accounts, but I closed my CapOne secured when they gave me 2 QS1 cards.

Scores are 634EQ, 637TU, and 641EX. 7 of the accounts are store cards (wish I hadn't), 4 are secured cards (BofA, Wells, Navy, Discover), a Checking Line of Credit,  the rest are CCs from CapOne, USAA, NFCU, and SDFCU. 

I think my scores will pop up more, if I can stop opening new accounts or applying for something for more than two weeks. (So far September is looking good.) Scores were in the mid to low 500s in mid-February this year.

23 Open Bank Cards / 7 Open Store Cards / TOO many inquires / Mid/High 600's
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.