cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got a letter saying they would delete in 30-90. Faster options?

tag
chryanna
New Contributor

Got a letter saying they would delete in 30-90. Faster options?

Hi. I got a letter from the OC saying they would recall my account from the CA and then delete all charges, and remove all negative information relating to the account from my credit reports. It states that once the account is retrieved from the CA, it should take 30-90 days to reflect the new information.

I'd like to buy a house before then. Would it be faster/make sense to send the letter directly to the CBs and dispute? I don't want to antagonize anyone or risk inadvertently protracting the process. But I have no idea how long it typically takes to retrieve the account from a CA, and another 30-90 days after that... sounds like a long time. Is there any way to expedite this?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Got a letter saying they would delete in 30-90. Faster options?

I'd wait it out. Even though they say 30-90 days, it'll usually be much faster, or at least IME. They say that so that nobody will bug them for a faster deletion. Set the bar low to aim high type of thing. Plus a dispute could very well take longer, especially in this example. A dispute would be 45 days (because you are sending in supporting docs via mail). Also, the CA's and OC's dispute department might not know of this agreement prior to the dispute, which could result in a verification. Finally, lenders have been known to turn down loans due to dispute comments. However, if you have the letter you can ask your lender to do a rapid rescore for you which is basically a dispute anyway, and it's fast.

Message 2 of 3
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Got a letter saying they would delete in 30-90. Faster options?

+1 llecs   You do not want a dispute on your CR when going for a mortgage loan.  

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.