cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got a public record to pay off, need to know the best plan of attack.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Got a public record to pay off, need to know the best plan of attack.

@mauve wrote:

That sounds like a lack of service to me.  It's one of the common grounds that you can have a judgment vacated over - you'll have to check what constitutes proper service and if that is not what occurred, you may be in luck.  That doesn't mean they can't try again, but if you could get it vacated and pay it before they do so, you may be able to get it off of your report with proof it was vacated. 

No.

We are talking about a tax lien and not a judgment.  There is virtually no requirement that a state or other tax authority serve you before placing a lien.  Liens are generally admninistrative enforcement tools and not judicial in nature.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pritchardhallhokie wrote:

Hrmmm... SO: 

The date filed is July 2004.  Let's say I pay it, it will show as a paid tax lien but will not be a public record after July 2011?  If that's correct, what will be in its place?

It's 7 years after payment. 

Once paid, the lien can report as a public record for seven years after the date of payment.  Of course, it will show that the lien has been paid off, but it will nonetheless still show in the public records section of your CR.

Message 12 of 14
pritchardhallhokie
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the response, sorry for the delay in MY response.  Does that mean that nol matter what I'll have a PR on my account for 7 years after I pay it?

THANKS!!!!

Starting Score: 584TU / 580EQ
Current Score: 670 TU / 680EQ
Goal Score: 720 TU / 720 EQ

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pritchardhallhokie wrote:

Thanks for the response, sorry for the delay in MY response.  Does that mean that nol matter what I'll have a PR on my account for 7 years after I pay it?

THANKS!!!!

Unfortunately, yes.  Unless you can get your state tax authority to remove it of the credit bureaus decide to remove it, it can stay for a while longer.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.