cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got a response from PFD!!! HELP!!!

tag
MrCredit2014

Got a response from PFD!!! HELP!!!

Ok so I sent a PFD letter to a CA and received a letter today.  Their response was as follows: "Upon receipt of said funds the account will be closed as settled in full.  Any credit bureau notified of this account will be advised to update the account as settled".  My question is do I send the payment in and take settled in full?  Does this delete the negative remarks regarding this account?  Please help....not sure how to proceed!!!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
axledobe
Frequent Contributor

Re: Got a response from PFD!!! HELP!!!

This sounds nowhere close to a pay for delete to me.  It sounds like they're advising they will update it to either "settled" or "paid in full" and close it.  There's a monumental amount of knowledge and support here and I think it would be helpful if you share a few more specifics so you're better advised.

Who is the CA?  What's the original date of deliquency?  Do you plan to PIF or settle for a lesser amount?  I personally wouldn't pay it until you know what you're agreeing to so you have real expectations of what happens after the fact.

Good luck.  Wishing you well on this....

FICO SCORES: TU 769; EX 790; EQ 790 ***Gardening indefinitely***

Message 2 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@MrCredit2014 wrote:

Ok so I sent a PFD letter to a CA and received a letter today.  Their response was as follows: "Upon receipt of said funds the account will be closed as settled in full.  Any credit bureau notified of this account will be advised to update the account as settled".  My question is do I send the payment in and take settled in full?  Does this delete the negative remarks regarding this account?  Please help....not sure how to proceed!!!

As already stated this is not a PFD only updated to paid settled to remain on your CRs. More info as stated as well would be useful for determination of next move.

Message 3 of 4
randyrhodes
Established Contributor

No this isn't an agreement to PFD. Are you past the SOL for being sued for the debt? If so....when is it scheduled to fall off your report?
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.